Foresthill Divide Loop Trail

Foresthill Divide Loop Trail is a 15.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Foresthill, CA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

11 mile loop in the Auburn SRA, great for mountain biking or hiking. Offers great views of the Auburn countryside from the surrounding foothills to the Sierras. Beautiful trail. Mostly shaded and offers spectacular views of the foothills. You can see the north fork and middle fork of the American river, meadows full of wildflowers, Manzanita groves, pine forests and lots of wildlife.

Nice trail, my dog really enjoyed the hike. There was a lot more bike traffic than I expected, which was minor annoyance. The trail isn't very wide so I would end up in the bushes any time a biker came through. Overall very nice and enjoyable.

We didn't mean to hike 10+ miles that day... It was the first hike I took my 9 year old dog on, she was 'dog tired' by the end ;)) The East side was much nicer that the West, more wooded, shaded, although we enjoyed both. I was glad I brought extra water!

I loved this trail. It was definitely longer than I had planned, but I bring extra water and snacks anyway. Plenty of shade to stop and take a breather or eat. There was spray painted arrows at the trail intersections to help guide so you don't get lost. I saw quite a few lizards and birds throughout the hike. Towards the end I passed by a group of turkeys. They were at least 75 feet away and they scurried off as I neared. I didn't see and other wildlife, but alot of fresh looking droppings. I parked at the West parking area. That is partially why it is a little long, because there is a trail that leads you to the loop from there.