Florida Canyon Trail

Florida Canyon Trail is a 2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near San Diego, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Meh

More useful as part of the bigger loop that goes through Balboa Park. Sometimes homeless will be hiding in the bushes, scared me and my wife one time we came across a few camped out. Other than that it is fun on its own as a challenging run!

first time out, everyone was very friendly, not crowded at all. 7/3/16

It's cool but nothing much to see. And during the trail you have to cross 2 streets.

Love this neighboring trail!

It kinda sucks that you have to go across the street to reach the trails... plus it's hard pushing a stroller through it with all the rocks

I felt very uncomfortable hiking alone, which is weird being so close to the park and road. Haven't felt that any where else in my hiking journey. Came across clothing, shoes and then a few homeless people camping in the brush on the north end.

My first hike in a long time, it was awesome! Parking was easy and the trail is clearly marked for the most part. I will be back!

Easy trail lots to see

I hike here and also mountain bike here. I have a loop I do starting on 28th street, I go south and then head west on A St towards 26th. I go North on 26th then catch the trail up towards Morley Field, up Upas and through neighborhood back to car on 28th. I have done this trail a couple hundred times.

Love this Canyon!
Numerous trails to choose from, easy to get to and mild traffic. Great little workout for hiking or mountain biking.

Really like it I bike like two or three times a week all this month usually
Start at 5:00 but with this new time changing coming up I will be trying
A bit early good exercise for me.

The start of these trails can be at a few points. One is on Morley Field Way at the bottom of the Canyon with no parking near by, one is at the base of Pershing which does have parking a short walk away and the other is at the Morley Field Tennis Courts which has a ton of parking right by the trail head. I ran the "Morley Gateway" run which was all trails, it has a short steep downhill from the Tennis Courts, crosses a street and then becomes a moderate trail run on the hill next to the Balboa Park Gardens(Rose Gardens, Cactus Gardens), at the end you wind up at the bottom of the other side of the Canyon where you cross the street again and run up a steep switchback that brings you close to the Baseball fields, from here you can run straight back to the Tennis Courts, through the baseball/archery/veladrome areas which is paved, or you can run on a couple of trail loops before finishing. I ran one loop on the trails near the Baseball fields and headed back to my car. On a Friday afternoon I saw Zero other runners/walkers on the Balboa Park Gardens side of the Canyon but probably 5 or 6 on the Mile and a half I did near the Baseball Fields.

Nice little hike. There are a couple stretches where you feel completely surrounded by nature but it is pretty urban.

The best San Diego city has to offer an awesome urban hike

Nice and easy hike near Hillcrest. Though these trails are in the center of San Diego, the view of the canyons on both sides make you believe you are outside of the city. Great for a quick gettaway with a special someone. The best thing is that these trails on Florida canyon end at balboa park--perfect for a summer evening stroll through the park. Cross over the bridge for an amazing skyline view of downtown SD!