Feather Falls Loop Trail

Feather Falls Loop Trail is a 8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Oroville, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

bridge out

The trail leads you to the sixth tallest year-round waterfall in the USA. This version takes the upper trail to the falls and back to the trail head via the upper trail. Though longer than an alternative route to the falls, this is the easiest way to the waterfall. During the springtime this is often the only trail to the waterfall because of flooding on the lower trail. The trail head is located near Feather Falls, California. The trail is great for hiking and normally takes a half day. We hiked is in April. It was a beautiful time to hike. It was a very green time of year and there were plenty of wildflowers along the trail and a very full waterfall at trail's end. The water from the falls crashed with a loud roar onto the rocks and riverbed below.

Beautiful!!! We took our jogging stroller and went for it! We didn't do the loop due to flooding but we went 4.5 miles in and 4.5 miles out! The water was breath taking and the forest was perfect. Out feet got wet which made for a rough hike but enjoyable nonetheless! Will be doing it again very soon!

Great work out, it was raining when we went here last Saturday but definitely worth it. Waterfall was amazing specially after that heavy rain. We took the feather loop trail clock wise route & I will definitely suggest this. U will see another waterfalls, more miles (9 miles total) and scenic view.

Definitely a good workout! The waterfall is beautiful.

LOVE this trail! Just did it yesterday. We knew it was going to rain and decided to do it anyways. Beautiful scenery. It is a difficult hike so keep that in mind when going.

Beautiful hike, I've done this loop three times, it never gets old.

The falls were well worth the hike but there are some things to keep in mind. It is not the season for this trail so there were lots of overgrown bushes and fallen trees right on the trail. Had to go off trail to go around these obstacles. Also due to all the rain, part of the trail has turned into a little stream, so your feet will definitely get wet. TONS of poison oak, so wear protective clothing and be mindful. Also when I was going to make the loop around there trail was not well marked (at this time of year/ or for me at least) so I turned around and went back the way I came. I took the 3.5 mile section. A LOT OF STEEP UPHILL, SO keep that in mind. Not sure how the other side is. All in all, it was a good hike but I'll probably go back between March and November like is recommended. :)

Great hike. Beautiful creeks and the falls were worth the hike.

Started with the 3.5 mile section and came back on the 4.5 mile section.
3.5 mile section is mainly alot down hill with an increase in elevation around the 2.5 mile mark.
The 4.5 mile section is a more gradual increase in elevation back to the parking lot.

Only complaint was the garbage that we saw off the sides of the trails.
If you pack it in, pack it back out !!!!

Lovely hike, mostly shaded, great surface. Needs a bit better signage.

little hard, but totally worth it.