Fay Canyon-Luther Creek Trail

Fay Canyon-Luther Creek Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Markleeville, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Interpretive trail was a nice distraction. Next time we'll add in the Grand View loop.

Average difficulty, really nice view.

Perfect day for snowshoeing

This is a awesome trail system for everyone.

Given the lack of snow this winter, Christmas break has been a better time for hiking than skiing. Got out to try this trail today with my wife, daughter (7), niece (8) and father and mother in law. Sections were a bit icy (but that is to be expected in December!) and so going was a bit slower than normal, but trail was easy to follow, well maintained and gave some great views of the valley. We just did the Sandy Trail and the Interpretive Loop so only covered 2.6 miles in total, but made for an enjoyable afternoon activity for all. Signs on the interpretive trail were great - I now know how to tell a Jeffrey Pine from a Ponderosa pine by the pine cone!

This was a great hike! I took the Alternative Loop to the Grand View Loop and then the 2.5 miles past to the trail's end. The climb can be pretty steep at times, but it is clearly marked and in excellent condition. I saw two other hikers on the trail. The views of Carson Valley were amazing. A large portion of the trail is in direct sunlight, so bring lots of water if you are planning on doing the whole trail. Imapmyfitness app on my phone showed 9 total miles with an elevation gain of 2000'. It took me four hours, but my pace wasn't that great. I'll do this hike again!

This trail is much closer to Genoa, NV than it is to Markleeville. Took our 2 year old twins for a walk here and they did fairly well but we probably only walked about 2 miles round trip. We went late in the evening so it wasn't hot and didn't see many people out at that time. Our 6 year old did great and I know she would have been fine to go farther. Nice walk and close if you live in the Carson Valley.