Falls Creek Trail

Falls Creek Trail is a 6.6 mile out and back trail located near Forest Falls, CA that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail. Out and back to Alger Creek was more like 7.5 miles, just so you know!

Great trail, earns it hard rating. Nice and steep, some interesting switchbacks. Lots and lots of shade. This is a great fall trail, don't have to worry about a lot of water in the creek, which you do have to cross to get to the trail. No wildlife to be seen other than lizards and a couple squirrels. One of my favorite ways to enter San Gorgonio.

great trail, well marked, pretty steep miles 2 thru 4, lots of shade.

You can summit Mt. San Gorgonio from this trail but it'll be a long day on the mountain and you'll need to camp for the night. You'll also need to connect to this trail from Momyer trail or Vivian Creek. Once you get in further it levels out somewhat with lots of up/down hills. Creek crossings have water if you need to refill. I don't know if that water is drinkable without filter but I didn't take a chance, i had my filter with me. ;) At one point you descent a lot to reach Alger Camp (which makes it feels as though you're going the wrong way, but no) I was able to reach the Vivian Creek trail junction (trail post sign) in 8 hours. Didn't get to summit San Gorgonio due to time. I also did see a bear cub as the hiker below described, luckily I didn't see mama bear.

It's unfortunate that the drought has caused most of this area to dry up, but it was still pretty going up the mountain. I took a detour and followed the water by climbing rocks and trees up the mountain. It made it challenging and fun. On my way down, I stumbled upon a family of bears. Luckily, momma bear was only interested in getting her cubs up the hill and away from me. It made the whole trip worthwhile.