Emigrant Trail to Alder Creek Out-and-Back

Emigrant Trail to Alder Creek Out-and-Back is a 3.6 mile out and back trail located near Truckee, CA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Not enough signage and the trail split at several points, making things confusing. Parking is on the left when you're headed up the road, it's easy to miss as there isn't a sign. You definitely hear the road throughout the whole hike which is annoying when you're trying to get out in 'nature.' A lot of bees, but we encountered that in all of the Truckee/Donner areas we visited.

Nice, mostly level walk through the woods and over the creek on small bridges. You can hear the road noise from Alder Creek Rd. For most of the hike.

Great trail for a family hike

Fun, low impact hike with my kids. They enjoyed the bridges and didn't get so tired that I had to carry them both.

I only came across on MBer after I hit the turnaround. Gorgeous hike along a small creek. Would definitely do it again

First adventure out with our new born. Nice and easy trail with plenty of snow. Lots of people but we weren't looking for solitude.

Close to my work and a local favorite. Melts early and has good terrain. Limited options for exploration but trail is solid and fun to ride. Some singletrack and lots of double. Lot of riders, hikers and dogs frequent trail.