Elysian Park West Loop Trail

Elysian Park West Loop Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Los Angeles, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Elysian Park is pretty amazing. I hadn't been up there in years. The park is so huge and so much exploring to do up there. I went in search of the hidden swing and happy to say, I found it....

The views of the city are worth going.....

Hope you can find the swing.

Here are some hints. If you came up from Riverside and looped passed the Police training center. Park over looking the 5 Fwy against the brick wall and walk up the trail on the left. Amazing views and if you're lucky you can swing on rekindle your joy of swinging like when you were a kid.

Lit af, views are trill.
View of DTLA blew my mind

Easy hike

I had never been on this trail and it was pretty cool. It offers a different perspective of the city- views of the 5, the LA River and beyond that are interesting! Depending on which way you go, you could get a pretty intense uphill workout. Parts of the trail are really beautiful. It's pretty easy. The only part I didn't like was having to walk along the road for part of it- especially since I had my baby and my dog. It didn't feel very safe with the cars driving by!

I call it Silver Trails. A nice, casual, golden hour hike, above the 5 freeway. A quiet, winding dirt trail with magical lighting, views and energy all around. Perfect for those in need of a long walk.