Elfin Forest Natural Area Trail

Elfin Forest Natural Area Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Luis Obispo, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is really more of a stroll than a hike, but the views are amazing. Great views of the bay, the estuary, and Morro Rock. The boardwalk makes this walk quite accessible, we passed someone in a motorized wheelchair, so I'm sure strollers would have no problem. There are only a few parking spots at the trailhead, but there is street parking.

This was a nice little walk to take my three-year old on. It's a very easy walk on a boardwalk, but the plants are interesting to look at, and there is a cool little grove of trees hidden about halfway through, with a bench in the shade. I wouldn't take this hike for exercise, but for a nice walk or if you have kids, it's perfect.

Great views and wild flowers.

Beautiful area! We met a gorgeous coyote on the boardwalk - he just went around us.

This trail is a modest, flat boardwalk that networks around some miniature trees and brush. Nothing too exciting, but it gives a great view of Morro Bay and is a nice place for a family outing.

Nice and easy. Saw a Coyote checking me and my dogs out on the boardwalk this evening!

Not what I would call a hiking trail but a beautiful, family friendly nature walk. I went because I had sprained my ankle on another hike and needed something easy to get back into it. No strains or problems. Beautiful nature views of Morro Bay

I think this is a fantastic trail. There's trash cans along the way, water and bathrooms at the top, and gorgeous views. Definitely a favorite!

This trail was a bit of a let down for me. I was expecting much more. Definitely for the family, its way more of a nature trail than anything. It was board walked. That being said. the views were very nice of Morro Bay

Went on this trail on a weekday and it was deserted, not for serious hickers. Great for families and kids. Decent views of the Morro Bay Estuary and Morro Rock. Lots of benches and signage.

This is a great trail for a easy, simple and relaxing walk/hike.
There's usually plenty of parking (even on the weekends) on several streets which access the trail.
This walk is family/kid friendly.