El Toro Trail

El Toro Trail is a 2.3 mile out and back trail located near Morgan Hill, CA that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running.

El Toro is a 2.7 mile trail located near Morgan Hill, California. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Hike trail was closed, but I still went on the hike. By far one of the most amazing hikes I been on. Hiking up that steep incline, remember to bring gloves, you will need it to pull up that rope that was installed by hikers.

I wanted to hike El Toro on my birthday but it is CLOSED from the winter. I would give this a 5 star hike. It is a nice short hike with a great view of Morgan Hill. I only gave it this rating because it is CLOSED.

I went up the east side trail, and then 360% around the peak, and back down the south side trail to the church. I estimate the entire full circle is about 3.5 miles, good hike. The top sections on both sides are pretty steep so be careful. Good thing that the rope is still there as the south side is very steep. Fun climb, good work out. Happy Trails!

Absolutely beautiful once you get to the top. Quite the incline as I wouldn't recommend taking kids.

Really good up the face. One of the best "unofficial" trails

Officially, this trail is on private property and is only open to the public once a year through the City of Morgan Hill. The last couple years it has not been opened. The last section of this trail is a very extreme incline and during the open day there is a rope to haul yourself up on and the Boy Scouts have done trail maintenance to prepare it. The views from the top extend out 360 degrees back into Paradise Valley, across Chesbro Reservoir and all of the Morgan Hill area and beyond. Do be careful of loose dirt and an overabundance of poison oak along trail edges.