El Dorado Park Nature Trail

El Dorado Park Nature Trail is a 2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Long Beach, CA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

These trails are hidden gems in the busy city of Long Beach. You would never know that you were not lost in hidden woods, rather then less then 1/2 mile from a busy freeway. The nature center itself is very good, featuring a little menagerie of local wildlife, and educational things for children. They sell items, and they occasionally have special events like informational hikes looking for butterflies or birds. It is totally worth a stop to check it out before going on the trails. The hikes are easy. On a weekend, you will find many families with children on the trails. They do not permit bicycles or dogs on the nature trails, though they are both allowed in the rest of the park. There is a lot of wildlife to see here too. You will find egrets and herons in the lake, lizards running around in the sun if it's warm, bunnies if you're lucky, possibly a hawk or two soaring on the thermals. It's a great escape from city life, and extremely easy to get to. $5 Fee to Park.

I pretty much live at this park. I am usually fishing or hiking or doing archery here. I always buy the annual pass because like I said I pretty much live here. The hikes in the nature center are easy but the are great in a pinch when you can't get out of the city and do a longer hike. I usually do it twice before I find a couple of trees and read a book and relax.

Scenic easy hike. Option of 1 or 2 mile hike. $7 parking.

First time visiting this place & it won't be my last. I enjoyed nature in the place.

Fun place to go my kids and I loved it. Wasn't too hard for them to keep up and no steep hills. Just long enough to tire them out for a nap.

great kid friendly spot to get a good walk in. A small taste of tranquility and the outdoors in the middle of suburbia. You can get in some miles and still be back in time to pick up the kids from school without the long drive to the hills. There is a parking fee that ranges from 5 to 7 dollars depending on the day of the week.

Great walk! 1 and 2 mile options. with a nature center. See turtles, lizzards and squirrels:)

It's a beautiful park I do kundalini yoga there once a month and then hike !

The kids had a blast! Easy to navigate and the benches along the trail are perfect to sit and take in nature for a while.

perfect for kids, no jogging on trail

Great, easy trail. Lots of turtles, squirrels, cranes and birds. This is a very easy hike/walk and well worth the time. I will be back.

There is a cash only $5 fee to park.

Loved how you would never no there was a city around so much nature and animals you have to pay to enter park but alot to see and do.

Went with 2 of my family and we love it!! Trail was easy to follow and you definitely can't get lost. Going back with my nieces and nephews.

Great family friendly trail. I have a 5 year old and she had no problem with the walk. There's a visitor center that kids will also enjoy. Parking is $5 to $8 depending on the day of the week.

Love walking here.

Great park to walk , followed several paths and ended up doing 5 miles .

The walking trail by house. Super great for a run

I did this hike with another friend, it was one of the easiest hikes I've done so far, loved all the nature and there was a lake (I'm pretty sure its man made), we got there too early so we had to wait until they opened it, we started at 8:30ish am, this is a great place to take your kids as is so easy to do, you don't need to power walk it or anything, just keep walking and following the path and you'll be set, I took great pictures as well.

Kid friendly, easy, calm, lots of nature, make sure to keep some silence and you'll be surprise how calming it is, you can also stop for a bit and meditate, I'm giving it 4 stars only because no dogs are allowed, luckily I didn't take my dog with me that other than that, good hike.