Effie Yeaw Nature Loop Trail

Effie Yeaw Nature Loop Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Carmichael, CA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Short, kid-friendly hike near a golf course. Entry is $5

Very nice beginners hike. You can find a lot off trails off the beaten path,

Trail walked around a golf course. While it was nice, it wasn't the seclusion we were hoping for. Entry is $5

Great, family friendly and lots to see

Great trail, saw awesome wildlife, easy with plenty of options on length. Awesome views of the river.

Used to go on these trails all the time as a kid, my grandfather would take my sister and I. We had a ton of fun watching all the wildlife and spending time with family. Just went there again recently after being out of state for 9 years. Have to say it hasn't changed a bit!! Still fun and beautiful, very clean and easy trails. Really love this place, it has a very special spot in my heart!

had fun

Very beautiful

Perfect for my 2 year old:)

I came here to go hiking but they do not allow dogs...

Amazing trail. My kids love it.
Unfortunately dogs are not allowed in the nature walk? But overall we had an amazing time :)

Follow us on Facebook- Hike it Baby Sacramento

This was an okay trail. There were a lot of inconsiderate people with off leash dogs and I had to protect my on leash dog. Other than that, the trail was nice, not overly difficult terrain and since its almost spring everything was green and beautiful.

Cute little outing with wildlife. Kids will love it.

Very pretty. Not strenuous at all. I prefer to get my heart rate up a little, but it was good for my dad.

I'm sure it's pretty when we are not in a drought but it was too dry for me - there are green markers but no information on them any longer and that was sad - the trail is not super interesting except the vine tree at the beginning

Not a whole lot of shade on most trails and the river isn't as full due to the drought but the nature center has wildlife and a good sized room for kids to learn and play in as well as a nice picnic area.

Great for the kids. Lots of educational signs to read. Deer close to the paths. Make sure you go into the nature center and see the reptiles and birds.

Great place to take the family for an easy hike and an opportunity to see deer,etc and have the kids learn something about the area at the Nature Center.