Edison Point Trail

Edison Point Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sanger, CA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Recommend starting at the left entrance. Not too difficult but a good challenge if you aren't used to hiking. Mountain biking is allowed but can become very difficult with the steep curves and the vegetation.

The trail is not maintained at all. It is very overgrown. Trails start and stop in many areas which makes it hard to know where you are going. Beautiful view of the lake from above. More of a rest stop. I would not recommended walking the trail.

Not maintained but wonderful in the spring with tons of wildflowers.

Second half of the trail completely gone. I do not recommend going on this trail.

The trail was really overgrown. I had to wing-it quite a bit. I don't mind going "off the beaten path," but it was tricky at times because I didn't know where I was stepping. Some really nice views, but I think it would have been a better experience if the trail was maintained.

Wish I would've taken a machete, it was very poorly maintained.

Trail was not maintained so we had to back track a couple of times. Some slopes had grass that was laying flat which made difficult to descend- glad we went up hill first because if we had traveled it the other direction we would not have been able to make it up those slopes. Trail needs some maintenance in order to be considered easy- over growth made thing more difficult- recommend the rating chafed to moderate. That said great views, tons of wild flowers n butterflies- this is a great time of year to go.

Beautiful mountains, and fantastic trails. Parking near the end of the reservoir near the river connected to it is great. A lot of awesome sights.

Beautiful views and a great hike for a family.

My daughter and I hiked this trail and had a great time. Only passed a couple with their dog right at the beginning otherwise no other hikers. The grass is very tall so keep an eye out for the snakes.

Hiked on 4/4/2015, great day and no one else on the trail which is kind of nice at times. Started from the left entrance as a previous review mentioned to do. Trail has a lot of overgrown grass but the trail itself is still easy to follow, consider wearing pants to avoid getting your legs all brushed up. There are a couple trees down on the trail which made things slightly difficult carrying a 7 month old in a backpack, but other than that good hike with the dogs.

Visited this trail in mid December of 2013. Weather was good, around 68 degrees. Enjoyed some great views and took some good photos. There are a couple benches along the trail with nice vistas. Really enjoyed this trail.

We went on this trail yesterday (last weekend in March 13') and it was beautiful weather. The flowers were blooming and the sun was shining. The trail itself was easy but there are some steep places were u need to slowly go down a hill or work a lil hard to climb up. The bad thing about this trail...cows. There were TONS of cow pies. And one of my dogs managed to roll all in it. But all in all it was a nice trail that got my boyfriend and I's heart rate going in a few places.