Eagle Peak Trail

Eagle Peak Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Descanso, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

Beautiful views at the top! The trail is difficult to follow. I had downloaded the trail from AllTrails and it looked like we were hiking parallel to it, but I figured that my GPS was slightly off. As it turns out, we had taken the wide right path when we should have taken the very faint left trail at a wide sandy spot. We were able to bushwack over to the main trail after ascending a bit to the rocky part. On the way down, we lost the trail again and regained it after some use of the alltrails map on my phone. I was surprised by the heat on the trail back. We started at 8:20 am and were back to our car by 11:20 at a slow pace due to the heat.

Cool hike. Yesterday, August 27, 2016 I hiked this with some friends. Approximately 2.51 miles to the 3rd peak. Amazing views as you keep ascending and it's all worth it. At the summit, the 360 degree view is refreshing. The official peak log registry awaits you and ultra cool, locating all 3 geological benchmarks! Hiking back down was an obstacle and challenge since the trails is not properly marked. We had to build a few trail markers for other fellow hikers! It took some bushwhacking but we were able to get back on the trail.

Very cool trail. It was quite foggy and wet when I went and I got drenched like an idiot. The trail is really overgrown so, if it is wet at all, wear rain gear or gators, or something...I didn't and paid the price. No views for me due to the fog, but it was an awesome hike. I'll be back.

The view was great but the trail itself failed to meet expectations. Summer heat not withstanding, this trail required a bit of bushwhacking to navigate. I didn't expect it to remain wide open as it did for the first 0.7 miles but at least it could be followed up to the first false peak, which is a lot more than I was able to do 12 years ago.

I LOVED this hike! Just finished it today and thought it was amazing! Great views!

This is a point to point trail. A lot of people (locals) prefer to start on the Ramona, CA side. Follow Ramona Oaks Road where the 26500 block of Ramona Oaks Rd dead ends and meets the last cul-de-sac of Shalom Rd. There is an area to park off the road or on the street. The trail was well maintained. We only encountered one other person on bike with a dog. We went of trail to climb a few hills that overlook the neighborhood we were staying at. The trail is moderate but climbing up those rocking hills in the desert heat was an added challenge. Besides the curiosity of seeing my friends house from the top of some rocky hills there isn't much else to see or do. Still worth the hike.

Awesome views after a couple of false peaks.