Dusy / Ershim Trail

Dusy / Ershim Trail is a 29.6 mile point-to-point trail located near Shaver Lake, CA. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for off road driving.

29.6 miles Point to Point

Went from South to North in my jeep JK
First 16 miles not too tough.
Very narrow, lots of areas where it was tire to tire between trees. After that it is constant rock crawling
Very tough on vehicles. Broke my sector shaft on steering box, lost part of my exhaust, stripped the lugs on my wheel spacer. Skids took a beating. I have done the Rubicon and Fordyce trail many times. This trail is a lot tougher. But a lot of fun
Bucket list material

This is a review for the hiking trail east of Maxson Dome. There is also the beginning of the Dusy-Ershim OHV trail next to the hiking trail. We hiked to the trail junction up to Hobler lake fork. Round trip from the parking lot at courtright reservoir was three and a half hours, approximately 6 miles. Very nice easy hike. You walk a long way on virtually flat ground and even stroll through a small giant sequoia grove. The sequoia's are no greater than 4 feet in diameter but still very impressive. The trail is well marked and easy to follow.

off road driving

I only ran the first portion of this trail. Bone stock, but with some rock sliders we got to a point that we couldn't go any further. High ground clearance, big tires, armor, and b*lls of steel are pretty important! What we did of the trail was awesome.