Dunsmuir Waterfalls [PRIVATE PROPERTY]

Dunsmuir Waterfalls [PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 3 mile out and back trail located near Dunsmuir, CA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from March until August.

This trail is on private property and is closed to the public. There are PRIVATE PROPERTY signs everywhere along the trail.

Hiked while it was snowing & a heavy mist around the falls. It left me with my mouth gaping open & then I could hear myself "WOW - OH MY GOD -WOW" Another hiker was there (I did see small shoe prints in the snow while hiking beside the RR track). Denise, from Lubbock, was just as awestruck.

Nice short little trail. Obviously illegal, but as long you don't disturb the locals, no one trips. Constantly be looking for the train though. Lol

A short walk to an amazing waterfall!

A trail for everyone, it's a cool place, but it's more of a park walk then a hike. The waterfall is cool and refreshing.

Ok, so the reviews on here seem up and down. This is my experience and it was AMAZING. We parked off I5 by hedge falls. We walked down to hedge falls which is nice and easy. Also fresh spring water available to bottle before you head down. From here we traveled around hedge out the the overlook. From there you will see a trail that takes you down to sac river. Get your feet wet and cross over to the train tracks and hang a right hand turn. Walk about 1/2 mile down and you will see a bridge. You have made it. Look to your right and there is three trails. All take you too the falls. Now sit back and enjoy. Also this route is faster and there is not a single no trespassing sign so in my opinion no laws were broke. Be safe on the track though. The trains are running both directions.

Made it! I found it and it was incredible. There are 'no trespassing' signs everywhere, if you keep walking for two miles along the railway it will appear on your right and its stunning.

Total useless there is no way to get to this place. Must have spent more than hour looking for the trial.... There's a chain-link fence and all kinds of no trespassing signs. Very frustrated!

We were in Dunsmuir last week and the locals said this trail has been closed due to 2 fatalities on the tracks last year. They said if you get caught you will be fined. Just thought we would pass the info on.

poop

Hedge Creek-Hike down to see the falls & continue on behind them for a look down on the Sacramento. Follow back out & on to Mossbrae or "Mossberry" as it is known for the blackberries that line the trail & the moss & ferns that the cover the wall of the falls. Watch out for trains...as the entire hike is along the tracks, following the Sacramento River...some places requiring you to stand still as they pass or you lose your footing & plunge into the water;) Once finding the hidden trail right before the train bridge....is the most peaceful lil beach to relax & enjoy the falls.