Dripping Springs Campground Trail

Dripping Springs Campground Trail is a 13.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Temecula, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Temecula, CA: Travel 11 miles east on Highway 79.

Great trail. For an uphill hike it was no trouble the entire way. Very quiet and uncrowded the day I was there, which is getting pretty difficult to find almost anywhere in Southern California these days. I took the dogs with me and they loved it. Beautiful views which make for terrific pictures. Check this one out.

it's a nice and easy hike (if you're already a regular hiker). I took my dog with me today and we only went for about an hour to check it out. Great views once you make past the switchbacks. once you get to the top it heads straight up the mountain, but I didn't go that far. definitely plan on doing it again and working my way through the end.

Hiked 5 miles in in the heat of the day and turned around after we realized the trail seemed like it was never going to end and we were running low on water. Great hike with nice views.

Great hike, we were at the trailhead at 6:15, which is a must for a summer hike. It took us just over 6 hours for the out and back. Great views of Temecula and Vail Lake on the ascent and if you walk a bit passed the Magee-Palomar trail crossing at the top, you will get views to the west. (All the way to the coast on a good day) It was 98 degrees by the time we finished. We each brought 3 liters of water and it almost wasn't enough. Definitely bring a lot of water if you're trying to do the whole trail.

This is our first hike on the west coast. We went on a very hot day (97 degrees) and only made it 20 mins into the hike. Steep hike up with a pretty view. It definitely got our heart rates up. I would like to try this hike again on not so hot of a day. There is zero shade and lots of dust.

I really enjoyed it. Did 8 miles in&out.
Trail is very narrow slightly rocky so trail shoes is a must. Beautiful views. I would say half sun/shaded. Definitely worth the drive from Menifee.

The location on this map is completely wrong. Not very good we wasted an hour on that. Is this is the info I can expect from the app I'm on to the next app.

BRING LOTS OF WATER! You are constantly in the sun on this hike and it is a pretty steady steep climb. I brought 32oz and had to use it sparingly by the end. fantastic views and well worth at least hiking 5.2 miles to the peak and seeing the view of all the mountaintops, Vail lake, and much more.

There were even a few places to camp off the trail that have great views. I will be back

Excellent hike in Southern California with good elevation and excellent views. Seeing the TEMECULA valley from this perspective is unique. The best part is creating the initial peaks and dropping into the green valley before heading up to Palomar mountain. Amazing views not obtainable except on the trail.

Loved this hike! Was so excited to find something so beautiful and with a bit of difficulty so close to home. Didn't complete the entire loop due to time but cannot wait to come back and try!

Beautiful hike into San Diego County from the Dripping Springs parking lot off of Highway 79. From the top I could see all of our highest mountain peaks and much of Temecula wine country. The hike was mostly uphill through long stands of huge Ribbonwood trees and dense chaparral. Another winner hike in the Cleveland National Forest.

geocaching

This was a cool hike! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do the whole thing because the sun was going down... But I will be back most definitely. The hike pretty much has views from the bottom to the top. I was lucky enough to watch a stunning sunset up there as well! All in all, I would recommend this hike to anyone. Fairly easy hike.

A very nice trail for beginners and families. We didn't see any wildlife and the creek is bone dry but it was still fun. 2.5 hours at a three year old's pace. (11/22/15)

Great trail! Beautiful & no one was around.

The trail is well maintained, a good workout and has decent views from highpoint. However, it is hot with a capitol HAWT! Take a ton of water! I was going to do an overnighter at the top but turned around cause I knew I didn't have enough for dinner, breakfast, and the return trip and I took 4 liters with me.
Furthermore, my biggest disappointment was that it felt very inconclusive. The trail goes on and on and actually develops into a different trail that will take you to the other side of the mountain. There isn't really a 'summit' or 'you made it marker'. I went about 9 miles (post-trip calculation) before I decided to turn around, not even sure if I had 'finished' this trail.

Also, know that the GPS will take you to a little dirt road starting with an "A". The trailhead parking lot is about ¼ mile past that and is clearly marked, paved, and has a parking lot. So if you're turning onto a dirt road, you're not there yet.