Dripping Springs Campground Trail

Dripping Springs Campground Trail is a 13.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Temecula, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Temecula, CA: Travel 11 miles east on Highway 79.

Great views and an uphill climb.

Awesome trail with plenty of vert. Scenic and well groomed.

Great trail! Some of, if not THE, best views in San Diego on this one. Pretty difficult if you do the whole 13.7. I did it as a loop with the Wild Horse trail and a summit of Eagle Crag. Very fun.

You don't have to go far up to enjoy beautiful vistas on the Dripping Springs Trail. After the first mile you will be able to take a photo op. We went in about 2.5 miles and came back. There is allot of shade before noon. The trail is clear but narrow in places, with occasional drop-offs. It's about .5 miles to the Trailhead from the pkg area. You need to pay $5 at the lot. This trail gets harder at the switchbacks and the incline will get your heart pumping. There are not allot of areas conducive to taking a rest, so stop when you find a flat place! This trail connects to the Wild Horse Peak trail via the fire road trail to make a 20 mile loop. This trail is 6.8 miles from the parking lot to the fire road trail (Crossley). Another hiker told me that Wild Horse Peak trail is an easier trail but not nearly as scenic.

Great hike! Trail was nice. Weather is nicest in the morning.

Did this trail 9/24/16. It started off kind of cold, so I had a beanie and a sweatshirt for warmth. took a camelbak with 3L,100oz of water + a bottle of smart water. The trail was well marked. I always take a compass and a map just for the sake of having an idea where I'm at and how far I have to go. I took two Cliff bars and some trail mix. The temp went up to 91f at mid day. It's one of those trails where you look at a turn and you think you reached the top then you realize there's another hill to climb. getting half way up you already have nice view to the north and NE. Once you get to the top there is a better circumferential view. With proper planning you can go to the McGee trail to Wild Horse Trail and head back down. You can go to Eagle Crag and if you're courageous enough you can make it to the Palomar State Park but that would take planning and enough water and food. Private property may prevent that from happening. I came back down dripping springs trail after taking about a 20 minute rest. It took 8 hours and 15 minutes. I ran out of water at approximately 1 mile before reaching the trailhead. I suggest that you are ready for 8 hours of trekking , have more food than you think is just enough, have at least 4L of water and drink according to the length of the trip. I gave a bottle of smart water to someone that was returning and only had 1L of water remaining, he was by himself. I don't think this is for the beginner, it's for the intermediate and more experienced. Not very much shade, take sunscreen and good hiking shoes/boots. Enjoy!!

Great trail. For an uphill hike it was no trouble the entire way. Very quiet and uncrowded the day I was there, which is getting pretty difficult to find almost anywhere in Southern California these days. I took the dogs with me and they loved it. Beautiful views which make for terrific pictures. Check this one out.

it's a nice and easy hike (if you're already a regular hiker). I took my dog with me today and we only went for about an hour to check it out. Great views once you make past the switchbacks. once you get to the top it heads straight up the mountain, but I didn't go that far. definitely plan on doing it again and working my way through the end.

Hiked 5 miles in in the heat of the day and turned around after we realized the trail seemed like it was never going to end and we were running low on water. Great hike with nice views.

Great hike, we were at the trailhead at 6:15, which is a must for a summer hike. It took us just over 6 hours for the out and back. Great views of Temecula and Vail Lake on the ascent and if you walk a bit passed the Magee-Palomar trail crossing at the top, you will get views to the west. (All the way to the coast on a good day) It was 98 degrees by the time we finished. We each brought 3 liters of water and it almost wasn't enough. Definitely bring a lot of water if you're trying to do the whole trail.

This is our first hike on the west coast. We went on a very hot day (97 degrees) and only made it 20 mins into the hike. Steep hike up with a pretty view. It definitely got our heart rates up. I would like to try this hike again on not so hot of a day. There is zero shade and lots of dust.

I really enjoyed it. Did 8 miles in&out.
Trail is very narrow slightly rocky so trail shoes is a must. Beautiful views. I would say half sun/shaded. Definitely worth the drive from Menifee.

The location on this map is completely wrong. Not very good we wasted an hour on that. Is this is the info I can expect from the app I'm on to the next app.

BRING LOTS OF WATER! You are constantly in the sun on this hike and it is a pretty steady steep climb. I brought 32oz and had to use it sparingly by the end. fantastic views and well worth at least hiking 5.2 miles to the peak and seeing the view of all the mountaintops, Vail lake, and much more.

There were even a few places to camp off the trail that have great views. I will be back