Double Peak Trail

Double Peak Trail is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Marcos, CA that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

You can get there all the way to Double Peak park by car but it's no fun that way. Discovery Lake can be used as starting point for a nice hiking. Ridgeline Trailhead lot is closer to the peak if you don't want to take the long route.

Easy pace. Awesome views

Loved the views. Had my first hike ever here.

Love the view. Would hike it again

Paved trails in neighborhood
A great place take a nice walk to talk with friends

Fun hike... Though I wouldn't say it's moderately difficult. This is definitely and easier trail, so don't be intimidated.

Great hike that is pretty much an uphill incline the entire way. Getting to the top is a great reward and offers really spectacular views. Not to mention restrooms, rest area and water fountains! That was good because we exhausted our water supply on the way up. No really shade, so plan accordingly.

Z

very scenic at the top where you can see as far as catalina island on a clear day. A must do if you are in the area but not if you have to drive more than 40 mins to get there. The beginning of the trail goes through a neighborhood.

Just moved in the area. I can't remember the last time I went on a hike. I wanted to hike to the tree at the top. It was great! I look forward to doing it again and again. Great workout.

Great trail! A bit steep at first, then smoothed out then gets steep again. Great for a nice cool morning, can get a bit hot when it's not breezy. Little pond/lake near it. Has a little park for little ones. Also has a bathroom near the parking lot. Parking can be complicated, not enough parking space.. If you can't find any, you can park in the street. Over all, I would do this again!

greattt

It was very good, I took my son in a jogging stroller oh man thank goodness for friends, it was really difficult pushing that thing! Over all a great hike!!!

Pretty views but fairly straightforward trail.