Dirty Socks Hot Spring

DIFFICULTY 3 reviews

Dirty Socks Hot Spring is located near Lone Pine, CA and features hot springs. The trail is primarily used for hiking.

hot springs

This is very convenient place to stop and camp, but I couldn't bring myself to get in the water. It's scummy on top and not very warm. There's garbage all around, including a mattress and pile of human exciment. Eww factor aside, there's a few cement platforms which are great for car parking/camping. The birding is excellent, I saw raptors, terns, ducks, and some other fun little stuff. Coolest of all was the airforce doing fighter jet drills. Definitely bring your binoculars if you're going to stay here.

I stop here every now and then to see if it has improved. I wonder what this place was like when it was first built.

This one's a hard one to rate, the last time I was here it was the 70's and I'm in my teens and this place was a hot spot, pardon the pun. This pool is a large circular concrete pool that smells like it's name, Dirty Socks.Even though it smelled bad it was really comfortable after a long hike in the nearby Sierras. I noticed this property was up for sell a few years back but I do not know the status of the pool now.