Dipsea Steep Ravine Matt Davis Loop Trail from Pantoll

Dipsea Steep Ravine Matt Davis Loop Trail from Pantoll is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Stinson Beach, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

beach

Whoa, beautiful from Dipsea to Steep Ravine the ocean views are an amazing start. Then, to Steep Ravine which is just that & great as the middle of the hike to get your blood really pumping and then to finish with Matt Davis was nice. I didn't care for the switchbacks in the Redwoods on Matt Davis though I was ready to just get it all over with, but it was nice that it was all downhill from there. I agree with other reviewers this trail is 12km, or roughly 7.5 miles long it also took me about 3 hours. I started it late and when I finished the sun had set. If you plan this trail mid afternoon bring a headlamp and flashlight.

This is actually 12 km. Took me three hours, but I was rushed since I went at the end of the day. This is one of the best hikes I have ever done. I went during the week during the daytime and I was pretty much alone the entire trail. It was amazing to hear the water flow and the sound of the woods, instead of people talking. The smell of the redwoods are so strong half of the trail and it was sooooo nice! The views are spectacular too. In all, this is now one of my favourite hikes ever!!!

I loved this trail I don't think it's hard at all, maybe the last 1.5 miles if you start from Matt Davis trail.

Great hike to the campgrounds above then back down.