Diemer Trail

Diemer Trail is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Yorba Linda, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Rolling Hills easy access to great hiking in Orange County Entering the Chino Hills State park from the south Entrance at Rim crest Dr. puts you right in the middle of a great park with an abundance of wildlife and scenery. The hike starts off on the south ridge trail from Rim crest dr. Hike west along the south ridge trail as it allows you views of Orange County. At about 2miles, the road forks. follow to the right on Diemer trail. Diemer trail winds down the hill for about a quarter mile. At the bottom, head east on Telegraph Canyon back 2 miles until you see the trailhead for easy street. head south on easy street trail and back to Rim crest dr. The ridge portion offers scenic views but little shaded areas. Telegraph Canyon offers great shaded areas to stop for a snack and cool down. The easy street trail a smaller trail that is off limits to mountain biking, but still be aware as bikers tend to ignore this rule. Easy street is also a moderately steep climb just over .3 mile.

Good trail...the inclines were steep and if you are out of shape they take a toll on you, but when you have completed any of the trails...you will feel like you worked out!

great scenic hike.

Good distance hike. My 7 year old son was able to complete the trail with little trouble.

5.7 mi via EZ Street. Saw my first coven.

There is no trail to access here, it is all developed residential area.

Did this on 5/19/14. This is a great hike. Lots to see. When entering there are three trails to choose from. All are part of a huge loop. We went left up S Ridge. We passed a trial the led to Telegraph but we continued north. This was our first time doing this trail. Unsure if the trial looped we decided to come back. Saw another hiker and was told that if we did continue north we would be able to loop into Telegraph will try this next time. We did continue back south and the small trail we did see decided to take it. Went east towards telegraph and took telegraph south to another small trial that led us back west to where we started. We are definitely going back. Saw a lot of small trails that we wanted to explore. Monday was not crowded. Arrived just before 7am and the whole time we only encountered 6 other hikers and 3 mountain bikers.

Early morning run. Beautiful views. Big coyote! Might go a little later next time and let the mountain bikers go through and make some noise first!

At first when my friend said we should bike up this I was pretty skeptical. I saw a lot of pictures of inclines and slopes so I imagined it would be pretty difficult, and it was at some points but once you finally make your way to the top of one of the hill trails (there's one that goes left and one that goes right), the view is amazing! I went during the Summertime so a lot of the plants were dried up, but it still was an amazing sight! On another note, there are some watermelon, squash looking plants growing on the side of one of the trails! It was pretty cool! There was also an awesome looking ranger station/recreational area towards the end of the trail when it connects to the dirt road! I also saw a pair of foxes, which was nice. Watch out for those blue bodies/orange winged wasps too! Their strings are painful, but not deadly, and they only sting when provoked so keep your distance!

This trail was perfect for a morning hike. Pretty well used trail. Nice views and some great flowers. Saw the most insane swarm of the biggest and brightest dragonflies I've ever seen. Few bunnies and lots of squirrels. Saw a couple snake paths but no snakes.

This hike is one of my favorites. There are 3 different trails that you can take to start your hike off. Southridge, Easy street and San Juan. I have completed Southridge and San Juan. Of the two, San Juan is by far the most difficult as it is all uphill. It does not start leveling out till you get around the back heading back torwards Easy Street. Also, this hike is not labeled very well as far as signs to show you where you are at and what trail you are on, so make sure to have a map with you.