Dicks Lake, Gilmore Lake, and Lake Aloha from Cascade Lake

Dicks Lake, Gilmore Lake, and Lake Aloha from Cascade Lake is a 22.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Tahoma, CA that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking and is accessible from July until September.

I entered Desolation Wilderness at the Eagle Falls Trailhead for an overnight camping trip to Dick's Lake. The initial assent was very steep climbing on granite stairs. Once past Eagle Lake the trail started to level out. I came to the Bayview-Granite Lake junction turned SW on the Granite Lake Trial. The next junction was where the PCT went to Dicks Lake. There was a "swampy" area where the trial was not well marked and I lost it several times. Once on the PCT I started my decent to Dick's Lake. I went at the end of October and the night got down below freezing. In fact, it started "spitting" snow in the middle of the night. I left the next morning and went out the same way I came in. All in all, it was a wonderful trip. Next time I'd like to go on to the Velma's and camp there as well.

We completed the hike to Gilmore Lake, beginning at the Glen Alpine trailhead above Fallen Leaf Lake. Did not plan to do more than that, and it was plenty. The hike is said to be 7.6 miles, but two of us clocked it at 10 miles round trip. Scenery was beautiful and the lake is just gorgeous. The trail is very rocky most of the way though, making it important to watch every step. We enjoyed the hike!

pretty difficult terrain but astonishing views if you give yourself the time. give yourself 4 or 5 nights if you wanna do some sight seeing. a really great trail none the less.

Very diff at first with steep ascent but once in valley beautiful , camped at dicks lake. Entered from hgwy 89