Delamar Mountain Trail

Delamar Mountain Trail is a 12 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Big Bear City, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

There are a lot of trails in this area and none that I saw specifically named the Delamar Mountain Trail so I am unaware where the 1.2 mile out and back comes from. That being said I used the Track uploaded by Allen Riedel as as a basis for the trail me and my group used this past Saturday. We took Polique Canyon Rd (2N09) to the point where it intersects the Pacific Crest Trail parked there and started our hike. We then followed the track to the Peak. The first 2.3 miles are not too difficult with some nice views. The last mile or so of trail to the top is either nonexistent or very faint. It is very strenuous but fairly easy. Some spots can be slippery but it didn't seem dangerous. I took my time and was rewarded with a very beautiful view of Big Bear and the surrounding area. There is a large mound of rocks at the peak that you can scramble up and sit on to enjoy the view. This hike ends up being about 7 miles out and back.