Darrington Trail

Darrington Trail is a 16 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near El Dorado Hills, CA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

gorgeous views

Good bike trail but little rocky.

Not EASY for mountain biking. I would say moderate to hard.

really good trail I loved the different elevations took my 5 yr old he got tired half way did not finish the trail but for sure there was not a waterfall ... the only thing is when we went in September it was kind of dry alot of dust but other than that really liked it...

Not much shade, but scenic.

There is no waterfall. This trail is Darrington Trail / Salmon Falls Trail. It is confused with Salmon Creek Falls which is located in Big Sur. Luckily I was able to ask people before passing mile 1.

wow, very nice trail. unfortunately I went on a hot day with my dog. luckily there is some shade here and there before reaching the river. would like to come back in the fall.

My friend and I chose it as a first hike for our kids, figuring we'd go in a mile or so and then turn around and hike back out. We picked it based on the Easy rating and the tag "kid friendly", as well as the photos attached to the hike. We were not expecting a narrow single track on the side of the hill that was all rocks and elevation change. It just wasn't a good choice for them.

That being said, we're going to go back out and tackle it again with just adults. There is a lot to see on this trail, and the switchbacks and narrow singletrack kept things interesting for us. In short, good spot to hike, but be aware that the information is misleading.

I personally don't care for trails this rocky. It's a great trail just not my preference. I'm only just now getting back into biking and I'd rate this as more a moderate than easy trail. the switch backs are very rocky and change elevation. you certainly need to pay attention. some hikers, but everyone was very friendly and courteous moving to the side so everyone could pass safely.

Nice long hike, going in and back on the same trail did not seem like it lots to see and it can get very uneven at points so you have plenty to pay attention to! Trail is pretty narrow most of the time and you have to share with bikes. It was not to bad in the early morn (730am start) with bikes but as the day went on it became more of a bike trail. Plenty to see, fun terrain, and cool elevation changes with views.
PS. If you bring dog watch out for lots of ticks!

Beautiful scenery. There was water, green grass, wildflowers, and butterfly's galore! This was a very different experience than when I did this hike last June!

Great spring time hike. We hike almost every weekend in Tahoe so to us this was a very easy trail. Lots of wildflowers right now, and a great family hike. There are mountain bikers on the trail as well but they were all courteous. A little rocky at first but lots of wild flowers, birds, and butterflies. Then the trail flattens out a bit and has some very pretty meadows with more wildflowers. Hike as far as you want and head back if you don't want to do the whole trail. Trail was not very crowded either for a Saturday morning/afternoon. I wouldn't go out here once it heats up as it would be too dry and hot and all the flowers will be gone by then too.

Wonderful trail! Perfect about of ease and difficult parts with a great view the whole way.

Not too crowded,even on a busy Saturday afternoon. We only passes around 10 people the whole time. There are a number of mountain bikers, and the trail can be skinny, so be careful.

Definitely worth the time!

So beautiful! We ran out 5 and back...great views, rolling hills-loved the run!

Have always loved hiking here - narrow trails but the meadows are amazing at the right times of the season. I like taking my kids - simple run around hike