Edwards Loop Sky Trail

Edwards Loop Sky Trail is a 6.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Crockett, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

This hike offers scenic views of Carquinez Straight, a great location for mountain bikers, and equestrian riders. Many great birds are found in this area, keep your eyes peeled Go under the tunnel and connect the Sky train to the Big Valley trail.

I returned to these trails again but this time was with a Meetup Group Hike. We started from the Edwards Loop trail, went through the tunnel and right onto the Soaring Eagle Trail all the way to the trail's end. We returned on the Soaring Eagle trail, passed through the tunnel, and then continued on to the Woodrat trail to Edwards Creek trail returned to the parking lot. The weather was perfect for hiking. It was on the mid 70s partial cloudy with cool winds. It was nice easy hide for the last day of July.

After the initial steep climbing, you are rewarded with the scenic views of the Bay and the Straight. Free range cattle grazing around therefore lots of dungs on the trail. The weather was cool on the day I hiked otherwise could be hot up on the hills.

Awesome views, perfect weather. My boyfriend and I named it the "Poop Loop" because there is so much cow and horse poop! Definitely bring sunscreen, not a lot of tree cover.

This is an easy trail. It's a bit unmaintained so there were a lot of weeds growing everywhere, lots of poison oak and also lots of cat shit at the beginning of the trail. I guess there are a few stray cats out there. There are a ton of ticks on this trail so if you do have your dog with you, make sure you check them. I ended up pulling a bunch off of my dog. The trail has an awesome view of the bay area, you can see the bridges and also the sugar cane factory. There are cows that freely graze around, so that was cool. There's not much shade so I'd definitely recommend going on a cooler day and bringing lots of water. I'm not sure if I'd do this trail again though, too many weeds and ticks, the scenery wasn't really worth walking through all of the weeds and stuff.

Low use and great views but beware the poison ivy is blowing up!

Flow trail is amazing

This is simply the best singletrack riding in the East Bay.