Crane Creek Canyon Trail

Crane Creek Canyon Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rohnert Park, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I went on this trail during the Sonoma County Trails Challenge, and, although lovely, it freaked me out. It was not maintained very well, so the grasses were at eye level, and touching us throughout almost the entire hike. We walked through for a long time with grasses brushing against us before finally noticing the hundreds of ticks waiting at the tips of these grasses, blatantly, hauntingly. Once we saw them, hundreds of them, on almost every blade of grass reaching toward us, it felt like a horror film. We were trapped, and the only way to get through it was to continue being brushed by tick-infested grasses. I read that it is wheelchair accessible, but that is the last thing anyone in a wheelchair needs. Normally I'm not so paranoid on hikes, but this was a pretty intense experience. Lovely, though.

Easy hike, good way to ease in to hiking as a past time.

Nice easy hike. Several different trails.

Great trail walk if you don't have a tun of time!

I have a lot to say about this park. But I keep it short. It sucked. The trails are not taken care of, the Rangers don't even try to block off trails that people who don't know to stay on trails make, the signs aren't good, no t.p. In the bathrooms and to top it all off there were no maps provided at the beginning of the trail

I will say if those things were fixed this is a fantastic park to bring a stroller.

I can't really rate it as I didn't even start. I pulled in and saw the $7.00 parking fee and drove back out. There is no off street parking that I saw. I don't want to pay $7.00 to walk two miles. :-)

I love Crane Creek! I often choose to get a quick hike in here, as it's less than a 5 min drive from home. I have never had an issue with parking. I arrive early in the day, usually to beat the heat.

Crane Creek is a lovely oasis outside of Rohnert Park. Or, it was. There is a frisbee golf course that has essentially taken over the park, which means that one is always in danger of having one's head taken off by a flying disc. If one can even find a place to park in the small lot. Oh well.