Crafts Peak Trail

Crafts Peak Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Green Valley Lake, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Closed fire road to the summit.

We live in Lake Arrowhead and this is my favorite least so far. Very picturesque with a good gradual climb to the peak. One time we tried to follow the exact trail as mapped out but it took us into some more challenging terrain where there were no trails. Since then we only follow the road which has stunning views. We're just so surprised how little wildlife we see on this trail. I know, they probably see us, but I would expect to come across at least a deer.

Cool views of Arrowhead, Baldy, Big Bear and the desert below from the trail.

Great not so hard hike. It's at the end of Green Valley campground. The campground looks wonderful and I plan to go camp there one day. Don't be confused by the first open trail looking path with the metal gate to the right top of the end of the road. That leads to not much. The trail head is just a little further past.

With it being on the north side of the mountain and never crossing over the ridge it stays cool and shady. There was a lot of snow and a health running creek running along most of it. At one point I just hiked up to get to the top of one of the peaks so I could get an outlook which was hard but not terrible. The path itself is wide.

There are a couple restaurants and a general store close by so if you get hungry afterwards you can get something afterwards.

Not easy to find the trail head--GPS took us to the Green Valley Campground and acted like a road existed when in fact it did not. Wanting a sense of adventure, we ended up taking Forest Route 2 North 13A towards Fawnskin--which is the way we should have gone. Missed the parking where 2 North A merges with 2 North 13D and continued on 2N13D for a mile or so. Looked at the GPS and realized we were driving where we were supposed to be hiking. Found a spot to pull over and found the trail. Not really marked and several times you could wander off in the wrong direction. Biodegrade tape is recommended so you could find your way back easier. Lots of fallen trees from the fires a few years back, but good new growth. Easy for dogs and ours really enjoyed the adventure. Some really awesome rock formations along the way to the peak.