Coyote Ridge Trail

Coyote Ridge Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Gilroy, CA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

Great scenery! Well marked trails and lots of options for easy to moderate and short to long hikes. I ended up on Coyote Ridge trail. I just pick trails at random to hike with a goal of 5 miles. Ended up with 6 miles in 2 hours. Lots of cows, hawks, squirrels and I even was able to walk up on a deer and get a few photos before he/she notices me and ran off.

We hiked the Coyote Ridge trail while Camping at Coyote Lake. The trail is nicely maintained, and has benches along the way. It trail itself isn't a loop, but you are able to hop onto many other trails to get back. The trail itself doesn't have a lot of trees. We went during a heat wave - I would not recommend. Be sure to bring plenty of water. The views are awesome!

Nice stroll on a service road. Should have read the maps better to make it a loop on some trails. Great view of the valley and Coyote Lake. We walk about 2.5 in and then turned around . Free parking at the trail head. Also would be nice on a mountain bike.