Cowles Mountain Trail

Cowles Mountain Trail is a 3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near San Diego, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very nice. Lots of folks when I went (earlier AM). I would say it is on the moderate side. The lack of man-made paths make it better for me.

Easy but populated.

it is a good hike. very busy but dog friendly. if you can get passed the people who need to blast bad hip-hop through their Bluetooth speakers you'll be good. take plenty of water.

I love the trail. It's a good workout, and the views are amazing at the top

Lots of people

kicked my butt. some of it hoes straight up.

one of my favorite trails to do when visiting San Diego but like everyone says, very busy. I did it this last time in August so bring extra water. It was overcast when I started but the clouds quickly broke and it warmed up pretty quick.

Super packed. cool place to watch the sun rise.

loved it.

Out of town, was looking for a trail close to Chula Vista. It was perfect. Accidentally took the service road up but no crowd at all around 1030 am. Rewarding at the top, friendly people and good vibes. Highly recommended for a early morning cardio. Bring water.

It was on the easier side of moderate difficulty. Still good though.