Copper Creek Falls Trail

Copper Creek Falls Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Escondido, California that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking.

Hiked all the way to the falls on a partly sunny afternoon. We spent about 4 hours in total just going to the different creek areas and hanging out by the beautiful falls. They are overfull from all the wonderful rain we've been having and I suspect this is one of the most beautiful times.
Start your hike by the landfill sign and dirt road if you want a short cut. Trail does get very thin at some points and was a tad overgrown at times as well. I will definitely be back soon!

Loved this hike, easy hike to the waterfall but you can make it more challenging & get better exercise if you go up & over the hill it loops back to the parking. Once you get to the waterfall dont turn back, continue on & follow the signs up.

This was just what I needed. This was a fun hike. We went the long way to the falls, making the hike a little over five miles. Went off the trail after a little confusion and found bee boxes.....but found the right way again and finally made it to the falls and back to our car. The longer way is not easy, by the way. Not hard, but there is some uphill climbs.

I went after recent heavy rainfall. I was wearing Merrill shoes and some Kohl hiking pants and was perfectly comfortable. I went past the double waterfalls and all the way up. It was a blast! I wouldn't suggest taking children past the waterfalls due to the difficulty of making it all the way up. Overall - it's a nice trail, not too difficult and the scenery is worth the trip.

Great hike with kids close to home. We started at the old landfill entrance, stay to the left and follow the trail. Crossed a few bridges that led to a flowing fall. Decided to keep going. Went up the trail and went to the right at the top, through the switchbacks which were not difficult for kids at all. Came down staying to the right all the way back to car. Kids loved it.

Awesome hike! So my version was an extended and more strenuous version. Take a right at the fork and head to the creek. At the trail end hook a left and wind up the mountain.

Hidden gem! Don't let the landfill fool you. After you reach the trailhead, it's an absolutely gorgeous trek through a wild area with abundant vegetation. Creek was running and the waterfall was flowing. Be sure to keep right along the creek at the fork in the trail, even though the sign says the trail goes left up the hill.

Short easy hike close to home