Conejo Open Space Trail

Conejo Open Space Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Simi Valley, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I love this trail because you can make it what you want - a walking path with slight to moderate incline or a few hours of steep hills.

Trail wasnt marked all that well, we found ourselves well off track turning this 6mile hike into a 10 mile one. Probably 70% of that distance was outside this loop... and not a lot of shade out there for the dog. Cool views though from the Powerline towers if you go that far.

Be aware that a portion of the Albertson Fire Road is closed. It's a .5 mile stretch and the detour is .7 miles. If you start your bike or hike from the end of Lang Ranch Parkway and decide to continue on the portion of the trail that is clearly marked as closed to the public you will encounter a chain link fence and locked chain link gate on the far end.

crazy

It's a climb. I rode it today on my mountain bike, but I'm outta shape so I didn't make it to the top. I'll update my review when I'm able to conquer it. I think I'll try running it next time so I can enjoy the view.