Codfish Falls Trail

Codfish Falls Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Foresthill, CA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

1st weekend of November, 67°, the falls were flowing beautifully. Pretty rough road the last 3mi. Nice, short, and easy hike. At the end of the trail when you get close to the falls theres a fork. To the left is the bottom of Codfish falls and to the right is a steep trail that leads you to the top of the falls. Totally worth being able to chill and put your feet in the top of a waterfall with some beautiful veiws! Take both and venture down below the falls there's some pretty cool areas to explore.

I went today for my first time and it was nice. I would like to go during the spring time to see the full waterfall because it was pretty much dried up. it's not a difficult trail at all and there was barely anyone there. The only down side to this trail is the drive down, be prepared for roughly 3 miles of a super rough bumpy dirt road. Other than that the area is really pretty and I would defiantly go again.

Great being always next to the water..we took a little time out to cool off as it was 100+ degrees out that day. The waterfall was dried out..will go back in spring! The drive down was very bumpy!

was not 9 miles. but pretty.

This was a nice little trail. The dirt road you have to take to get to it is definitely bumpy all the 3+ miles down. The trail follows along the river most of the way and was a good mix of sunny and shady parts. The kids wanted to go down to the water and have our lunch on a rocky island on the way back so we did. The water was only ankle deep but I'm guessing it gets much deeper during the rainy season. Everyone had a great time and we'll probably go back again.

We went in April after a rainy week and the falls were very powerful. My 4 and 6 year olds made it without too much difficulty. The only bad thing about this hike is driving to it - the road down is very steep and narrow. We came from Folsom area so may try the back way in next time. The falls are beautiful and definitely worth it!

Awesome trail!!! Getting to the trail is the difficult part. The road to get there is bad. If you have a low clearance car don't go! 4x4 is best but my Dodge Caliber got there. I recommend coming in from the north side of Ponderosa way. It wasn't as bad as coming from Foresthill rd. The trail itself is well maintained but narrow. The falls are amazing! And makes up for the hellish drive in.

The trail was very nice and scenic, offering good views of the river. The path is a bit narrow but still good enough for people to take their dogs along. Most of the hike does not have any shade until the path goes north towards the waterfall at the end of the trail. The waterfall was nice, and has a natural little pool at the base where a few people were swimming. Driving in from either side requires driving on rocky dirt roads. I was able to make it in my Corolla, but had to take it a bit slow and avoid any big dips in the road. The way from Forest Hills Road was much easier than I-80.

Beautiful location, great scenery, easy hike. Take the Foresthill Road instead of the directions listed here, much easier road, still need 4 wheel drive but faster.

Gorgeous hike! Fiancé and I enjoyed it a lot ! Kinda slow accessing via a rutted dirt road, definitely would've been easier in a truck/4 wheel drive vehicle. Hike is along the river and ends at a gorgeous waterfall.

Great trail, beautiful waterfall. I didn't even know it was there. Both my kids (10 and 8) made it easily.

Fun trail! the scenery was beautiful. really enjoyed the hike.

This trail has the most beautiful view of the river throughout the whole hike, I got some great shots that are awesome!

Beautiful walk, lots of wildflowers, beautiful river views. Parking was terrible, to many people for our taste. But gorgeous and well maintained trail.

Easy beautiful hike! You'll love the waterfall at the end! Great to bring your kids to.

Easy hike and the waterfall is beautiful and you can get right up to it. Keep in mind this is a narrow trail most of the way and almost all of it is in the shade with a lot of poison oak lining both sides of the trail. It may be rough keeping little ones out of the poison oak. Other than that - great hike with a beautiful waterfall at the end and plenty to look at along the way.

Good waterfall at the end

The drive down to the trail was super fun. We have a 4WD jeep though, I can't imagine it in a car. I took my husband to this trail for his first hike ever. I thought it would be a nice easy one. I had no idea 3/5 of it would be on a foot wide trail on the edge of a very big drop. My husband isn't big on heights so it was stressful for him. Also, the reviews all said this was good for kids. I don't know what age they were referring to but considering the cliff edge it was really stressful for us having our kids. The walk itself is easy but I was so paranoid our son was going to trip on a rock and fall 50 feet into the extremely fast current of the river. The views were gorgeous though and the waterfall at the end was so nice. I will definitely come back in the summer time, without my kids or husband.

Nice, easy trail. The dirt road getting there was half the fun.