EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

Coastside Trail

Coastside Trail is a 7.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Half Moon Bay, CA that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

rails trails

beach

The level, 4-mile multi-use Coastside Trail extends along the beachs eastern boundary from Kelly Avenue north to Pillar Point and south to Poplar Beach, offering spectacular ocean views. A horse trail parallels the Coastside Trail between Roosevelt and Francis Beaches; horses are not permitted. Restrooms are adjacent to parking areas.

Absolutely beautiful coastline! I've been staying at the pelican point RV park for the past month and 'hiked' all over this place. It really is beautiful, except it's not really what I'd consider hiking. I guess I'm just used to mountain hikes. But there are plenty of hard packed dirt trails all over the place that go for miles. Great for mountain bike riding! There is a nice paved trail that takes you around the ritz Carlton, it isn't that long (maybe 2 miles). It's extremely dog friendly just beware of ticks because they are EVERYWHERE! Make sure you check and recheck yourself and pets if you hit the trails or go anywhere near brush.

Parked at The Ritz for free, beautiful hike, spent some time on the beach then headed to Sams chowder house for lunch!

Nice walk along the beach/coastline

Very scenic place and fun for an afternoon mountain bike ride.

We went here based on the reviews. It was not exactly what we thought , it was actually even better. As long as the weather holds, this trail is a great way to have some time on the coast.

It rain the day we went form the hike which made it more difficult. It got colder as we hiked deep into the trials, but it was worth the effort. Easy to moderate hike. Definitely layer up when hiking there. We also saw a couple of wild rabbits.

Beautiful stunning vistas on this coastal trail. I only remembered to track it one way, but it was a nice hike. Lots of ruts in places, spots to walk the beach, and in early May the wildflowers are gorgeous! Wind advisory today made it tough (30-35 mph gusts), but worth it.

One of my favorite places during winter time when I don't want to drive too much.

fun coast line trail,, alot of the trail was closed to protect the snowy plovers, but I was able to walk up the coast on the sand around this area