Rodeo Beach to Hill 88

Rodeo Beach to Hill 88 is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sausalito, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

An absolutely stunning hike, follow the Coastal Trail along the edge of the Pacific Ocean. From the bluffs, watch gulls soar, and listen for seals down below. Connect to the Tennessee valley trail to reach the Haypress Camp

The views are great and the bunkers are fun to walk through and around. If you stay on the marked trail, it is mostly paved. I found myself taking all of the dirt detours and stopping often for pictures. There is zero shade so plan accordingly. Parking is easy and free. Steady uphill climb to the top with one or two steeper sections. I kept my dogs on the leash and did see a coyote who was unphased by us.

This was a beautiful location. Arrived around 4PM to a foggy mountain and ocean view. There were two routes to take: a hiking trail and a bike trail. I detoured off the trail many times which I highly recommend. There are many old army bunkers all over the hills and recommend visiting them and even climbing inside of them (if you're brave enough). The views were spectacular but the fog covered them up 75% of the time. Easy to moderate hike.

***Bring layers, water, light snacks, and a camera.