Coast Trail to Wildcat Camp

Coast Trail to Wildcat Camp is a 11.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bolinas, CA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

11.2 miles 1918 feet Loop

sea kayaking

beach

cave

A beautiful hike along the coastal bluffs to the serene Wildcat camp Take the Coastal trail for the entirety of the Hike. Return via the way you came.

Great place to hike! I enjoyed the water falls at the end of the trail. You have to be there really early to beat the crowd.

This was a beautiful hike with very well marked trails. Good elevation change without being too extreme. If you have a chance to head down to Alamere Falls, do it; it's gorgeous. Make sure to head all the way down to the beach!

Stayed at glen campsite and hiked to wildcat it was beautiful ⛺️

Breathe taking views, greenery, lakes, eucalyptus trees, pacific ocean, waterfalls, what more do we need in a hike. Make sure you reach early to the hike place, as the parking will be too crowded, so you might end up doing extra 1 mile hike :) from the parking place. Restrooms are available at the parking entry.

Beautiful trail. Amazing green and views all around.

Not my favorite Point Reyes hike. A bit too crowded and not as challenging as I would have wanted. The views were of course spectacular.

Did this trail toward the end of August. Got there at sunrise and it was beautiful. Passing the lakes and then running along the seaside cliffs were amazing. Would definitely recommend going early though because by the time I was getting back to my car around noon (did a couple of extra little loops by arch rock) it was PACKED! Get there early, and have the whole place to yourself.

Take the alamere falls trail off of the main trail, such a beautiful spot flowing with waterfalls and it enables you to get down to the beach if you please!

This is a good trail for a workout. 5.6 miles each way. Be sure to bring lots of water and oranges or fruit. The only bathrooms are the ones at the parking lot. I went on a Friday at 10:30am and there was plenty of parking. When I left at 3:30PM the parking lot was full. So come early on week day as I suspect it will be full. It would be a great place to camp out over night, but you need permits from the Park Service for that. During my walk I did see an owl and I also saw one doe grazing. I also observed ducks and cranes at Pelican lake. To see the water fall you need to take a side trail off this trail about .4 of a mile through an unmaintained trail that can be dangerous. It takes you down a gully to the falls. The falls were not that impressive this time of year May 24th, 2013. We did have a dry winter this year. And keep in mind no dogs and no bikes are allowed on this trail. I recommend this trail if you are in good shape and like to rough it. I do not recommend it for you if you are bring young children.

This is a great trail. Multiple water falls and you can make a pit stop at the Bass Lake rope swing. It's awesome. If it is not busy you can get away with camping on the beach.

It's a wonderful getaway..

Talk about a workout! This hike is pretty amazing. There are beautiful lakes and costal views. You feel like Alice in Wonderland the whole hike. If you want to go to the waterfall you have to scramble down this gully to the beach. One of the most beautiful beaches I've seen. We walked north to wildcat camp from the beach and hiked back... Be ready for a workout! It was rough on the way back so make sure you bring plenty of water.