Clouds Rest Trail from Yosemite Valley

Clouds Rest Trail from Yosemite Valley is a 21 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Yosemite National Park, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

Directions from Tuolumne Meadows: Travel westward on Tioga Road approximately 8 miles to the Tenaya Trailhead immediately west of Tenaya Lake.

Overall the most fulfilling and challenging hike I've ever done. Recommend you be in decent shape for this if planning to accomplish in one day. Bring adequate supplies. If you're used to sea-levels of oxygen, be prepared to catch altitude around the last 2-3 miles of the ascent. The descent from the top can be a bit ambiguous, so pay attention to features on your way up.

Whoever gives this hike less than 5 stars is crazy! This is easily one of the most beautiful hikes I've ever done. Sure, it's long and somewhat difficult, but that is clearly stated and known before going on it.

The first couple of miles from the Valley floor at steep. The last couple miles before the summit are also steep. A great deal of the middle of the hike is totally reasonable.

It's worth every single step, even the steep end. This trail is so peaceful. The views are incredible nearly the entire time. You feel the vastness of the forest during the limited segments without incredible views, as well.

The top is just spectacular. Panoramic views of all things Yosemite. Lake view, Half Dome, countless mountains. I went in the middle of October and the weather was perfect. I was even able to kick off my shoes and do some yoga for about an hour at the top. No wind, warm and sunny. I am going to do this again and again, every time I'm in Yosemite.

It took me about 7.5 hours to do the entire hike, including an hour at the top for some yoga. I didn't need any food and got by with about 1 liter of water, but I'd recommend bringing more water and some food if you aren't experienced.

Check out my photos of the hike on Instagram: ahaler1

This trail was difficult . Although well worth your time as you reach the top. The last 2.5 miles were the hardest especially when your legs and feet are tired. Beautiful though .

It had some great views and very pretty valleys, the last 100 yards of trail before the summit really gives you butterflies because of the shear cliffs on either side.

It's quite the accomplishment of a hike. By the time you walk to your car and take a few other detours the miles hiked can easily get up to 25 miles. I am glad I did this hike at least once.

Great hike with and even better final view of the valley

Wow, incredible!! I parked in half dime village so that added on another couple miles to my overall hike to about 24 miles.

Pack a lot of food and water, that's my first word of advice. I took the Mist Tail portion going up and the John Muir trail portion coming down and by the end my legs were totally wasted. Took me actually 5 hours going up and coming down.

But my good news when you get to the top it's all worth it. Words here can't do it justice.

this hike is the most intense and challenging hike we've ever done but so well worth it. Words cannot explain the beauty, you will have to experience it yourself.

Amazing....

Gorgeous views. We didn't want to leave when we got to the summit! The switchbacks in the first 2.5 are rough but manageable. best view in Yosemite!

Beautiful

Incredible. We started early with lots of water and food. The switchbacks were rough, but the views are so good you forget the pain. Loved having lunch on the peak.

This is probably the most you can experience at Yosemite. The 360 view allows you to see the whole rock phenomenon. We backpacked to the peak and camped (best suggestion, absorb the adventure). You can't make a fire up there, but the view is fantastic, just go to sleep early so you can wake up to see the sunrise (we slept right after sun went down). It gets slightly windy at night, there are little critters running everywhere, but no bears or large animals. The meadows, lakes, and creeks going up to clouds rest are surreal. Eat, eat, eat. You will need lots of energy on this hike. Everything was a great experience.

Great trail. Amazing views.

This was by far my favorite hike in Yosemite! I almost didn't climb the very top but it was well worth the climb. Get started super early and in wet years be prepared to wade through a stream!

Awesome route, did it from Yosemite Valley via Mist Trail. Incredible views throughout. I clocked it at 19 miles and took me around 5.5 hours round trip.

this was the best view in Yosemite...i started at the sunrise trail head at the end of tenaya lake which was only 7.5 miles to the top of clouds rest. most people do it from the valley which is probably one of the 2 hardest hikes in all Yosemite continuously going up 6000 feet from 4k to 10k. camped on top for the night but the trek going down 6k feet was grueling and when i got to little yosemite valley right above nevada falls i was shredded with still about 3.5 miles or so to go....great hike and amazing views of half dome and camping on top seeing the millions of stars was just as almost heaven as it gets....