Cleghorn Ridge Trail

Cleghorn Ridge Trail is a 15.8 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near San Bernardino, CA that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is accessible from June until October.

15.8 miles 3691 feet Point to Point

off road driving

Is a really good trail !!!! Can be really technical or easy !!!
It's your decision

off road driving

We enjoyed this trail immensely. The main trail is about a 2.5 difficulty. There are several side spurs that run from a "fun" 3 to a "holy cow" 5. Watch for the trail markers. Most of them are marked. We went out on a Saturday. Lots of traffic including one off road club that opted for some reason to park their 20-30 vehicles in the middle of the trail and party. Cleghorn is a fun trail, and we'll be taking our Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock out there again.

off road driving

This place is awesome for a first timer in their new 4x4 or even and AWD vehicle with clearance.

My wife and I had blast pulling over and hiking off the trail sides for some photo ops. The perfect touch is it ends at silverwood lake so pack a lunch and eat at the lake.

off road driving

Tried this trail today in my 2001 Isuzu Rodeo 4x4. Had a great time. Nice bumpy roads made it fun for my first off road run. Tried one of the first challenging climbs and almost got stuck. Had to have my girl get out and guide me. Will def be back. Good for a nice day trip out and back.

off road driving

Have a stock 91 4Runner that just had all brakes and suspension replaced. Have read about this easy run and was excited to drive. Great views and remote. Only say 1 group of 10 Jeep off-roaders and 1 ATV. Was nice to have the place to ourselves. Nothing really too hard on the easy sections, but some of the harder off trails looked challenging.

off road driving

This was a really cool trail. We did it just after the Blue Cut fires had been extinguished which provided a bit of a charred landscape. Right off the I-15, it's easy to get to and can be completed in less than two hours. It dumps you out right by Silverwood Lake. My suggestion would be to continue onto Pilot Ridge Trail and take that over to Lake Arrowhead. Easy trail with several very technical bits off to the side. Each technical shortcut had a fireroad bypass, easily completed by any stock 4x4.

off road driving

first time on the trail straight out of the dealer. was lucky to tag along with a bunch of awesome jeeps. some of the best people I have ever met.

off road driving

Perfect beginner trail with moderate trails off to the sides.

off road driving

great trail for someone new I did it in a 2012 Silverado rwd with no locking diff or limited slip just with 33 inch tires and a leveling kit alone which is really stupid on my part but will never do it again unless another rig goes with me. pack water tow strap and all the other offroad basics make sure another rig goes with you because something can always happen stay safe and enjoy the great views

It's a fun trail with a great view gives you the choice to trail hard or easy

Love it here.

First time on this trail. had a blast met some new wheelers.
Brandon said it all.
Will be doing it backwards tomorrow. hopefully Brandon and Ariana will bring the new Rubicon.

off road driving

Went first time today in a 2002 land rover discovery - stock with street tires. Very fun day - we didn't have any problems at all. met a few cool people on the trail and got to tag along with them. If you stay on the main trail i think any stock 4x4 should be able to have a go without any problems. We did some of the side trails and there was some hole-clenching spots. this trail offers the best of both worlds. new comers can enjoy an easy ride and more experienced people can have fun on the side trails. great views and over all a great trail. We started off 15 and ended up at 138 near silverlake and we took our time. stopped a few places and took about 3 hours. im looking forward and trying it the other direction. if you going alone i would stay on the regular trail, and if your inexperienced or have low clearance vehicle i would also stay on main trail.

just got my jeep wrangler unlimited 75th anniversary . I took it stock and was able to do basically everything. luckily there were more professional jeepers to help guide me through. was an amazing trip and literally took my jeep to its limits.

off road driving

I brought my stock Jeep JK Unlimited Sport here, and it was a great drive. I started at Cleghorn road and work my way across to the lake on the other side.
This trail has mostly easy sections that any Jeep can handle, but pay attention which road you turn down, I accidentally turned onto a hard part at very end, with no option to turn back, and that definitely took my stock Jeep to its limits, possibly over it, I was sliding a bit, and put my under armor to more use than I'd hoped. So be aware, you'll need a little more, but not much more, than a stock Jeep to run almost all the trails here.

Overall a fantastic place, I highly recommend it.

Being that I was driving my lifted XJ 2WD I was very skeptical about being able to knock this off. I took the trail backwards beginning from silver lake and tackled it straight on despite my drivetrain limitation. The trail was a little challenging at times but overall an awesome experience. There are lots of scenic views that make this first time experience that much more worth it. A small piece of advice, take someone with you. Granted you get decent reception well throughout the trail should you get in a pickle somewhere along the road and need to contact help. Yet, you can't beat having someone there to spot you through certain parts of the trail. Overall rating is a 10. I definitely intend on returning soon.

off road driving

Very scenic drive with spectacular views and narrow roads. You do have to go slow and look out for OHV such as quads and dirt bikes. Took my two wheel drive truck with no issues but if there is rain I would recommend against it as it can get tricky real quick. If you want something a little more challenging there are side roads that will suit your needs. My only real complaint is that this should be a one way trail we had two vehicles coming at us and depending on where you meet that can be a scary proposition when backing up. This is especially true as there are some blind corners on narrow roads. Overall very pleased with the terrain and experience and will be coming back.

off road driving

We drove this trail on a beautiful November day (Sunday). Very little traffic and the few folks we saw were super cool. The main trail is easy and beginners can enjoy it in a stock 4x4, BUT, there are lots of off-shoot trails you can take that get pretty advanced. We took almost all of them. Sustained a scrape or two on my steel fenders crawling through some tight rock lined corridors and that's ok. That's what they are there for-to protect the main body of the Jeep. Be careful though, you may end up well down a side trail before you get to the difficult parts, and from there it is very tough to back out. I'd keep the stock rigs on the main trail. We got into a few hairy situations that required my girlfriend to get out and spot for me. Overall super fun day.