Cinderella Sunset Loop Trail

Cinderella Sunset Loop Trail is a 3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Oakland, CA that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Out of the three trails on the app for Joaquin Miller Park, this was the most difficult but also my least favorite. Sunset, Sequoia Bayview and all the trails along the stream are the best in my opinion. On Cinderella I'm always worried about bikers coming down the trails. And Castle Park is very steep as you ascend from Sunset. If you're looking for scenery, pick one of the other two trails in this park. If you want a challenge with hills, then this is the trail for you.

Great mostly shaded trail which eventually leads you alongside a creek. There was even a mini waterfall along the way. Keep your ears open for mountain bikers. I really enjoyed ending it with a climb up the Chapparal Trail, which included step-like ascension.

this is a part of a great trail system in the JM park. I'd suggest you get a very good map, or gps on your phone. We did this trail but through a few, unintentional detours (big trees/sequoia bay view trails etc), ended up adding several more trails/miles to the hike. It's gorgeous, the redwoods are great, the view of the bay at sunset was amazing. We even chanced on a wedding by the Big Trees trail. All in all about 6-7 miles (meant to do 3.5), so YOU can customize as you wish.