Chiquito Trail to Chiquito Falls

Chiquito Trail to Chiquito Falls is a 8.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lake Elsinore, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

When you think of hiking in Orange County, you don't usually envision dramatic waterfalls. But during the spring, there are a number of wonderful seasonal waterfalls that are just a hike away. One of the best is Chiquito Falls.

rock climbing

Great trail for a fall hike. It rained the the night before and the morning of our hike till about 10:00am. Landscape and views were beautiful. No water flowing in the falls as it's too early in the season. I highly recommend this one for fall, winter, and early spring. It's a little exposed for the summer heat of Southern California. Enjoy!

Completed 11-12-16- 7 miles out and back. Temps were moderate in 80'. Much better than a month ago! Started at 2 pm ish. A trail race was happening at the same time in this trail so it was busy. The trail descends if u start clockwise by the restroom - then meanders around. At "T" stay left to follow sign for Chiquito trail and not San Juan. The climb up is technical and a grind if you are jogging but great views. The trail downhill is rocky - I went passed the Falls another mile or so. The waterfall was bone dry and nothing to see. The trail past the turnoff for the falls enters an area where grasses are very tall and is buggy. I didn't like this part and prefer to be up. However it's still nice and shaded.

Great! Low traffic being a weekday. One of my favs.

I've only been to the Santa Rosa Plateau and have been looking for more trials close to home. My friend took me to this one and I loved it! There may not be any water anymore but the hike is still beautiful. My dogs loved it! Tons of shade throughout the hike. We couldn't finish the hike as there was a big fat rattle snake in the path so we had to turn back but it was still a lot of fun.

2nd time, great hike. Looking to go to the San Juan trail next time

Started across from the Candy Store. Difficult ascent but no bushwacking. Breathtaking height from the ridge. Falls are gone - dry outright. Clerk at Candy Store said there hasn't been a waterfall for years. Take it for a great hike alone which it is!

We took the dogs and had a great time. Easy hike with gorgeous views. You can hear traffic at the beginning and end of the loop.