China Flat Trail

China Flat Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Oak Park, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice but no shade. Great hike with nice views.

My home trail.. So cool to have this trail 5 minutes from my house.. a great workout..challenging as you want to make it..

This is a trail that we used to hike from our house. There are remains of an old cattle ranch at the top and a small lake when the water table is up. We've seen deer up here several times. Bring plenty of water as there isn't much shade.

I can see why this is rated moderate, as some short, rocky inclines were challenging in the summer heat - but on a cool morning I can imagine this trail being on the easy side. Beautiful views, not crowded, will hike it again.

Very pretty.! Moderte elevation. Great for a quick weekend hike.Im glad I climb it.!

With the exception on 3 or 4 tall bushes, there is no shade so it is advised to bring plenty of water and apply sunscreen beforehand. It doesn't get too hot because of the wind. I would say average hiker appropriate because of some stress on your legs do to the elevation. You can make a full circle or even connect to Simi Valley but it is long.

Certainly lots of sun. Trail wasn't super well marked but with the map it wasn't bad. Good hike overall if you go early enough in the morning.

The ride up was very demanding, very technical. If you've climbed Chumash and Long Canyon...combine the two and you get China Flat Trail. The descent made it all worth it. Glad I rode it during this time of year..probably won't be a ride I would do past 9am in the summer. Hot.

this is a beautiful spot you will share with mountain bikers. the meadows are stunning, green (springtime) and you will have many options. you can take it all the way to the chesboro trail or up to Simi Peak. love this area. its not at all challenging but a wonderful mellow hike.

I'm a novice hiker so I found this hike challenging but fun. Its a steady 2.0 mile climb to the flats. Rocky and uneven terrain with beautiful views. I loved it. I continued on walking past the flats towards agoura hills and then turned around. Bring plenty of water and wear good shoes. Enjoy

Steady climb at the beginning for about 1.5 miles then you will reach the flats. There are a few turn offs that aren't marked so if you are trying to make it to Simi Peak, have a printout map so you know where to go. Not recommended in the heat, not much shade. I found it a little boring. Lots of mountain bikers, but they are all so polite that it was such a pleasure to share the trail.

It had a pretty easy uphill climb with well groomed dirt trails. Lots of rocks so wear good shoes with traction. Beautiful views even if you don't go to the top,

Began at the China Flats trailhead just beyond King James Court, Parked on Lindero. It was a great hike. Weather was optimal on this Fall day, about 65-70 degrees. Took the loop but not until we realized the flats are not part of the actual loop. We had to double back but that's ok... It is really pretty up there. The descent was pretty steep and I really felt it on my knees even with my walking sticks. Will definitely do this hike again but do the loop in reverse to feel the steep ascent and burn! Would not do that hike on a warm day though. Little to no shade. Take lots of water. ENJOY!!! I did...

Highly recommend making it to simi peak. The view is amazing and there are some wonderful butterflies when you get to the top. The flats are a work of art and really makes you appreciate the isolation. Stay left on the paths! And don't forget to leave a nice travelers word in the log book.