Ocean Overlook Loop Trail

Ocean Overlook Loop Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Malibu, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I hiked this trail with my seven year old daughter. It was a perfect hike for her.

Took this trail with a friend's brother originally from India now living in Qatar. He was very impressed. Was really good to take someone on a hike that had such nice ocean views. Finally got a reasonable vista that included the Channel Islands, although there was haze. Couldn't see Catalina as it was hidden by clouds. One of these days it'll be totally clear and I'll see all the islands.

Very good place to hike in July when temperatures in the valley are pushing into the 90s. A cool breeze kept things comfortable even though the sun was a bit intense. Marine layer and any haze was gone by 11:00 when I got to the park and I expect that to be the norm for the next couple months. I took the Clyde Canyon trail and it isn't overgrown like it was a couple months ago. Didn't see a single snake this outing. Wildflowers are long gone although there was a bush mallow and the usual cliff aster.

This is a very good place to hike but there are some problems. First the park really needs maintenance. Trash was spilling out of a trash can in the picnic area, the picnic area was overgrown, and the iron ranger was stuffed with fees. If I'm paying a fee I'd like to see better maintenance. There are a few trails that are problematic. Parts of the botany trail are overgrown with difficult footing. The east side of the lower loop trail is rutted and very difficult. I suggest avoiding it and accessing the short trail to the overlook as an out and back using the west side of the lower loop. The Clyde Canyon trail through the grasslands is very overgrown. Even with all these issues the park is a great place to hike . It's all about the views. I also saw more wildflowers than I did on Sunday which suggests that the more trails hiked the more variety of wildflowers.

Excellent place for a hike. Great views of the ocean. Lots of wildflowers although I believe we missed the peak. Not as much variety as there may have been a few weeks ago. The meadow had also turned brown. It would have been much nicer green. The park needs some additional maintenance. Picnic area was really overgrown. The iron ranger was so stuffed with fee envelopes it was hard to add one more. Fortunately, the trails were in good shape.

Lovely, quiet hike with a nice variety of wildflowers and lush vegetation on a spring morning. Killer views!

Just a heads up: after a rain, the grasses will be heavy with water and will droop across the trail in a few places. Just a couple of steps into the grass and you might as well have stepped into a puddle -- bring a change of shoes if it has rained recently!

Nice and beautiful.

This is MY FAVORITE hike in Malibu!!! The views are amazing, and it's a great hike new or experienced hikers.

Great sunset view... Not much of a hike.

yeah, no mountain biking...just a heads up I rolled in there with my bike, started pedaling around and went up to a trail, no biking, looked at a few other trails, no biking....went over to the map and legend...varified, no mountain biking. but go for a hike, but I perfer my nature at high speeds.

This place was a treat! go early and you will have the place to yourself. Trails are easy and its not too long, but with the network of trails, you can explore around for a few hours easily

I went on a late summer day(2013)that had a lot of pockets of fog. It was surreal as natures colors constantly changed with the lighting. Plenty of crisscrossing trails so you can get some exercise while enjoying the peacefulness of nature. It wasn't crowded either and just had a good soulful vibe. Going back in early June 2015 and can't wait

Our dog was bitten by a rattlesnake out here yesterday, could have been any number of trails in the area. Just a reminder this is their territory and to be vigilant.

great views at sunset , awesome trail

I love this trail, beautiful views and it's not long to hike. I always see wildlife on this trail.

Beautiful little park with great views; good for dogs who need to get out but cannot tolerate a lot of elevation gain.