Cedar Creek Falls Trail

Cedar Creek Falls Trail is a 5.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Ramona, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

You need a permit to hike, and only 75 permits are allocated per day. One permit can have up to 5 people on it. Get your permit here: http://www.recreation.gov/ Be careful - children have slipped off the rocks to their death. Also - be sure to bring a lot of water, the trail can be very hot and dry!

A little over 5 miles. Decline to the falls then back up. Not much room for gathering at the fall. We went early to beat the crowd and to spend a little more time enjoying it. The fall was flowing after a week of on and off rain. You have to cross 3 streams, try not to fall in ;) Make sure you get your permit $6 good for 5 people.

You had to pay to hike this trail and there was no waterfall only green water with water snake swimming in it. I was very disappointed.

you have to pay to go all the way to the waterfall, which was dry when we went 2 weeks ago. well maintained trail. pretty steep on the way out.

amazing flow of water ! killed this hike in 2 hours round trip with a one hour of monkeying around at the falls !!! great waterfall after some rain !!! #OPTOUTSIDE

We went there 2 weeks ago. Perfect day to explore this trail. The walk is easy for us. Not much of scenery except where the fall is. Very quiet and relaxing. No water so it's not quite a fall.

Awesome views.. and not as hard as I thought. I was there with my daughter who is 9 years old and my dog. The weather was perfect and We will do it again. it is sooooooo worth it!

i loved this hike!!! We started our hike at 6:45 am and finished at 9:45 am. when we finished at 9:45, it was already 90 plus degrees. Gets really hot out there so id recommend to bring plenty of water.

You need a permit to hike, so I would recommend to buy one. Only 75 permits are allocated per day. One permit can have up to 5 people on it. Get your permit here: http://www.recreation.gov/

I would recommend to go here after it has rained so the waterfall is working.

The hike was beautiful and colourful going down and the falls and lagoon were such a stunning waypoint. Go early it gets really hot on the way back up.
Our experience involved a group of twenty somethings and their pack of pitbulls. Felt sorry for the dogs they were so massive and drooling and hot and miserable. Stereotypical pitbull owners. No water for the dogs and they had to go back up in the midday heat. Don't take your dog unless it is very early and it is a dog that can handle that kind of activity. Pitbulls not so much.