El Escorpion Canyon Park

El Escorpion Canyon Park is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near West Hills, California that features a cave and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, and birding and is accessible year-round.

cave

A great hike up into the Cave of Munits and on to Castle Peak. A hike to a great vertical cave. Climb up through the cave (no gear necessary) and continue hiking up the side of the mountain. The trail is not very clear here, so just keep scrambling upwards until you get to the top of the ridge, and then continue on toward Castle Peak. From there, there will be a clearly marked trail with a steep descent. An adventurous hike well-worth the scrambling.

rock climbing

Super easy and quick hike to the caves. Spent a lot of time exploring and climbing. Very fun adventure!

rock climbing

Loved the view on top! Going inside the cave was fun too. Make sure to wear proper hiking shoes with good grip, you're gonna need it here.

Good hike! Caves are neat. The forks in the road are basically shade vs no shade options.

Wear pants and good shoes - you have to climb some rocks to get in the cave!

***dog info***
This one was exhausting for my dog! I had to carry her half way down one hill.

It was a fun hike, but it was a hot day!

Awesome place to run but there are better suited trails for running here than this course but it's still a great workout with lots of views. You'll see plenty of lizards scrambling to get out of the way so I assume there probably are rattlers here as well although I haven't seen any. I've spent the past few days in this area going out on runs and it's fun exploring the different paths while getting some exercise and even though this location is 30 mins from home, it may become my default training camp.

Such a fun little hike! I had gone with my younger sister and we had a lot of fun, it is a pretty easy trail although it does get a little harder closer to the caves. It is a little hard finding the correct trails - there aren't any signs to help know where to go so we had to use this app. As two teenage girls, we had freaked out when we heard what we thought were bats when we were climbing into the cave but we continued going in and it turned out to just be pigeons. The climb into the cave is a little tricky, probably not the best for little children but it isn't anything too difficult. Overall for such a short hike it is a very fun one to go on - super recommended!

Super

I love it...

Love it!

Fun hike and cool cave. Hiked up out of cave and explored on top. Be ready to scrabble. Lots of fun.

It a short hike but going into the cave and e pelting it was fun. Not to hard to get up or to keep going on your hike.

Great! But could have missed the bat caves if you aren't with someone who knows where they are. Also found a swing on a tree off the beaten path.

It was beautiful .
Beautiful scenery

So special I almost don't want the say. It felt like we shouldn't be there except for in ceremony. Very sacred place. Bless it and please pick up your trash and be respectful.