Cave Landing and Pirate's Cove from Shell Beach

Cave Landing and Pirate's Cove from Shell Beach is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pismo Beach, CA that features a cave and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

beach

cave

A great hike especially for beginners, nice views until you get to the cave (garbage and graffiti) but there's plenty of other areas to explore.

Good place to walk small dogs

Beautiful beach. Cave had quite a lot of litter but hike was very pleasant.

Trash on trail and graffiti on and in the cave. Was beautiful at one point before the trash and graffiti.

A favorite short hike. Lovely views, nice breezes, that great cave. Along with others, I am bothered by the amount of trash I see here. I suggest that every time we hike here we pick up just one thing, and that we suggest this to other hikers. That way the angels who do major cleanups won't have to be alone with it.

Beautiful hike, cave was amazing, nudist beach. Wish people would pick up their trash.

Perfect walk between Easter dinner and desert. Gorgeous view and just enough of a challenge for my first hike 2 weeks post total knee replacement. I walked the paved part, the family completed the entire trail and we all loved it ! Can't wait to go again, next time all the way...

The hike was great. However the caves were full of people's trash. It's sad that people cannot pick up after themselves and ruin it for other people! It's even worse when someone is nice enough to have a metal trash can full of trash bags for people to use.

Short, simple hike. Partially on a paved trail and the later half on a dirt trail. Great end result as you arrive at the cove!

Great run this morning!

spectacular sunrises sunsets and memorable hikes

Great spot, this is where I do most of my trash clean up, couple cool caves, listen to the water slamming against the walls, birds galore, and the views are breathtaking at sunset!

This is my go to spot when I need a break. Beautiful views and almost always sunny with beautiful sunsets.