Cathedral Tree Trail

Cathedral Tree Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Orick, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

old growth

Awesome hike!!

Hiked the trail as part of a large loop fro the campground. Easy to follow well signed trail through old growth redwoods. Great place to hike.

Hiking here, I never thought I could be inspired so much by trees, I was in awe. This place is beautiful. Cathedral tree, Baby Cathedral tree, Lighting tree, all leading to Brotherhood tree and at last, they sky train up to the top of the mountain. What a view, what a place, what an experience.

beautiful trail! once you get back into the woods the sounds of the highway disappear and you are one with nature. mostly dirt trail...but then you find the section covered in tree roots....i especially like that on the up climb. made it easier to find my footing...be be careful...if you look up ...you may fall flat on your face after you trip on one. haha

This is an absolute beautiful hike. We did this in combination with Big Tree Trail. The one downside to this trail is that it's not very properly marked. When trying to complete the full loop, it led us back out to the 101. I ended up just turning back around and walking through the Cathedral Trees again which had me still in awe. Definitely combine with Big Tree Trail. Saw much wildlife, salamanders, garter snakes, birds, and several millipedes :)

We did the full loop and took a wrong turn but all was good, never really got the "Cathedral of Trees" , but combined it with the Big Tree and was beautiful. Read the signs!

We did this trail in combination with the Big Tree trail. Very pretty with lots of beautiful redwoods.

Beautiful trail through some amazing redwoods.

I imagine other times of the year this trail is crawling with people, but in late November it was completely empty - with only us taking in the majesty of these trees. We did a loop from the ranger station towards the Big Tree then back on the other side of the road. A good 3 mile loop without much elevation change or challenge, wonderful views and lots of quiet and space to take in the trees. Great for just arriving after a long day in the car.