Buzzard's Roost Trail

Buzzard's Roost Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Friant, CA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A short nice hike. Wish it would of been longer.

Great views!

Very nice, although steep at times if you're not very sure-footed/bad joints/whatever but great for a short afternoon hike. I enjoyed myself and the view from the top. Not much shade, so be wary of the time of day

1/10/15 This was a good uphill hike. Once at the top we weren't quite ready to call it quits and head back down so we followed what looked like an animal trail and went further then made our way back. Probably an extra mile or so. Very hazy day so the pictures weren't great. Will definitely do again. Good work out. I thought out and back meant 1.2 one way but it's the total hike if you stick to the trail.

my wife & I did this hike earlier today. it is nearly straight up hill, but it's short & the views are great!

Up hill most of the way. Great with a dog that's in shape.

Completed this trail on 1/1/2013. Just my son and I, my daughter was sick. The trail is short but almost all uphill. Got to the top in about 30 minutes. Great views. Temperature was in the fifties with a cool wind at the top. Take a wind-breaker if you plan to stay on the top for awhile.

Straight shot uphill.

Easy and a little tiring, fun, good work out