Buck Road

Buck Road is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Springville, CA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and off road driving and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

3.8 miles 456 feet Point to Point

off road driving

off road driving

You have to be alert on this trail as this past winter had some harsh storms that caused trees to fall on a few different sections. There are ways around them, but you'll want to watch out for the tire marks or you'll end up pretty confused, and then have to back up a good distance. There are some technical spots, but I ran the trail with someone who had done it a few times before and it was no problem; we aired down before we started. You'll also want to take it easy and pay attention to where you're going because, even going slow and taking all the care I could, I got some rocks bumping my undercarriage. Overall the trail is really nice, has some awesome views, has a lot of shade, and plenty of places to pull over. On the downside, its a pretty popular trail and, while that's good if you're running solo and find yourself in need of help, it kind of sucks when you get stuck behind vehicles that don't really have any business on the trail and slow you down to a crawl.