Buck Gully Trail

Buck Gully Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Newport Beach, CA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Enjoyable run!

like the hike nice scenery little better trail direction where trails split overall a great hike

Great hike , shaded areas, and nice creek in the gully.loved it for my first hike.

Nice summer hike. Surprised there was still water running.

Amazing hike. Cool breeze

Scenic, tranquil, and perfect hill to flat ratio.

I really enjoyed the walk. I was bummed to know that dogs are not allowed on the trail but I understand.

very nice and peaceful , did not expect for it to be where it's located but I loved it ! I will be back for sure

I am an intermediate mountain biker. Direction on the app takes you right to trailhead. Many cool things for my skilled type riders. Make the journey to the back of the trail. A steady climb with a few quick power climbs nothing real difficult. Small jumps, burns, bridges, narrow paths, turns and just all around fun. I will say, I would take along a friend. One needs to sacrifice the thrill coming back to go ahead to watch for hikers. Very narrow paths would make it difficult at times for two people to cross on the trail. My 19 year old son and I went 1 hour before sunset and we saw one jogger.

This trail was a great experience. I found it was more scenic than other trails in the area and had a bit more shade than many others around here (but still wear sunblock!). It wasn't a hard trail but the "easy" rating may be slightly off (especially when you consider Shady Canyon is listed as easy and this one is a bit more moderate than Shady Canyon). Since the trail is so narrow it seems crazy that hikers and bikers are both allowed at the same time, but the bikers were very courteous/cautious on this trail. If you use the directions feature in AllTrails it takes you right to the trailhead.

This trail was a bit hard for me to locate at first. I parked in the Newport Coast Community Center then walked down San Joaquin Hills Road to find the trail head. Took my 8year old with me and was worried he would tucker out but the trail was perfect for us, such great exercise. The trail is a bit narrow in some spots and you get the feeling of being really excluded in some areas. Lots of variety in terms of incline/decline along the way. Went on a Saturday afternoon and the entire trail took us about 3 hours there and back. It was very quiet and we only came across three people the entire time. We saw a few beehives, walked across three bridges, and there was even a cool rock sculpture someone had built. There is a Menchie's frozen yogurt in the shopping center across from the Newport Coast Community Center to reward yourself at the end :) Would definitely go on this hike again!

Fun and easy hike!

awesome trail

OK. It's pretty easy and residential parking was not a problem to find. Not too busy, the occasional people encountered were mostly locals. Bikers were careful because the trail is very narrow. The terrain/landscape wasn't very interesting. The canyon is narrow and the creek was mostly hidden. I think it's a convenient place to hike if you're a local, but I don't think it's special enough to go out of your way to get to. Not too much shade, so I'd wear a hat.

Wonderful trail and I had it to myself late Friday afternoon. I heard a lot of frogs chattering, saw many lizards, one large snake and unlimited bird friends. Bring water, more than you think you need- there is little shade on the trail.

Nice hike. My nephews (5 & 7) were able to handle it quite well. It fun to look at the cacti and big Newport homes on the surrounding hills. No dogs allowed though.

Pretty easy trail, if you are hiking be sure to keep and eye and ear out for mountain bikers. Most that our group ran across were nice and slowed down or stopped for us. Out and back was nice, a few shady spots along the path were nice places to take a break.

All Trails has distance wrong...it is 2.6 miles from start to finish -- or 5.2 miles roundtrip. Easy hike with some hills. Narrow in parts and many bikes to contend with, but otherwise very enjoyable hike.

LOVE this trail. the trails are well maintained and marked. heard some bees otherwise just saw birds but that's ok. beautiful scenery. will be back again.