Brooklyn Mine Road

Brooklyn Mine Road is a 10.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Twentynine Palms, CA and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is accessible year-round.

off road driving

off road driving

We were excited to take this trail as we had been on the Old Dale trail the day before and wanted a more challenging area to traverse. We entered from the 62 highway and followed the coordinates of a trail map downloaded from Trails.com. Parts of the trail are washed out by flood waters but we scouted around on foot and found the trail again. Once we got into the mountains a few miles we decided to turn back due to 9-16" boulders and lots of narrow areas where the brush would destroy my paint. I hacked a few dozen back with a hatchet before giving up. It was 100 plus and we were alone. I'd recommend having another vehicle to do this trail. It's fairly remote and in that kind of heat it could be a deadly hike out should you get hung up or break down. We circled back to another tail to Carlyle Mine and really enjoyed it, albeit a short jaunt. I have a lifted 2015 Rubicon, but not willing to risk the Brooklyn Mine Trail alone. Call me silly.