Brewer Lake

Brewer Lake is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Shaver Lake, CA. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for off road driving.

off road driving

good trail not to long not to short, good for a day trip. everyone was right the last 200 yards is the worst of it if you have rock rails you will be using them. I'm running 35's and a 4" Rubicon express lift on a 2016 jeep Rubicon and it tested the tires and suspension very well. all and all it was a great trip.

off road driving

I love this trail. doable without lockers. it only has a few tough spots, the worst of then being right at the end. the fish are small but agressiv.

off road driving

Fun trail. I did it in my stock 2015 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon. Got through most of the rock pile with only a few scratches on my rock sliders. That's one thing I would recommend are rock sliders. I Used them more than once.

I like it got real hard right at the end

off road driving

Very fun! It's a good trail for wheeling. I have basically a stock Gen 1 Montero with 29.5" BFG ATs and it was pretty easy all up until "the rock pile". I attempted it but my skid plates definitely got used, too much than I was comfortable with so I just backed down, and parked right before it.

My buddy with 32" tires in a XJ was able to get over the rock pile (with some slight scraping on rear diff), and was able to complete the rest of the trail (which is not much).

95% of the trail is easy/semi-easy then you encounter "The Rock Pile" as it's known. If you are not on at least 31s this will be a very tricky obstacle. Have no qualms about taking this trail, if you are 4x4 and have a good amount of clearance underneath. The Rock Pile is at the very end of the trail, and about 1/4 mile from Brewer Lake. Fun little trail, saw other rigs built up a lot more than ours. I would definitely rate this as Moderate. Stock high-clearance SUVs/Jeeps probably would not make it over the rock pile unless you have lockers or bigger tires (the rest of the trail would be easy-peasy).

Fishing wasn't great in the middle of the day when we tried fishing. Saw a few fish jumping but none of them bit on anything.

off road driving

did this trail with my wife and kids in the jeep. there was still snow on the ground when we went. great day trip from madera. the lake is nice and has fish in it.

off road driving

Good trail. There is one hard area where -- for trucks with less clearance -- a good spotter is a must have as some of the rocks are fairly large and the area for maneuverability is somewhat limited. The last section of the trail requires a very built truck as there are large and numerous boulders; there is an area to park near a pit-toilet and the walk down to the lake is pretty short. The lake is pretty awesome, nice and clear with fish. The water was a pleasant temperature as well. Overall it was a good day trip. We left Bald Mountain base camp at ten and got back about five-thirty.