Bradford Ridge Path

Bradford Ridge Path is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Arrowhead, CA that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

hot springs

5 mile out and back.

My wife and I hiked Bradford path we hiked up from the 173 in Hesperia down Bradford path to the hot springs and back on the pct back to the 173 made kind of a big loop it was supper nice.

hard hike and incline is rigorous but attainable. take plenty of water and sunscreen too. the waterhole is beautiful and refreshing just b Es ready for nudity. Hot springs are there too

My wife and I had a horrible time on this trail. Its rated low because of the steep decent/climb by the springs. It was clearly never intended as a trail but someone a long time ago decided to continue to scramble down the hill to the river below and eventually it became popular. This trail is nearly vertical in a few spots. At one point you pass through some fences that have been cut, confirming this trail was never intended. The fence is the point where its become difficult. Its well traveled but I think its foolish from the insane 45+ degree ridge you have to scale down to the water runoff. In my days we called it "Bushwacking", not hiking.

I would not recommend this trail for dogs due to the steep climb, sharp rocky gravel and heat. My poor 6 yr old Lab's paws were destroyed on the gravel and several times I had to pull her up with the leash as she slipped down (she has a harness day pack I can clip too).

I can not recommend taking a horse on this trip though it is labeled for "Equestrian". Its way too narrow with some steep unstable rocky cliff portions on the trail. No way a horse can make it down that ridge either. If a horse could make it to the descent, you would not be able to finish to the springs.

Take plenty of water! Its hot in the desert even when its cool. There is very little shade, be prepared for that. The hike time is labeled as shorter than whats realistic. Its probably going to take you about 1.5 hrs each way (3 hr round trip) not counting time spent at the springs.

The springs are always great though. Warning, there are nudists and its often busy at the springs. Ive been there twice but we will never take this trail again. The other trail is much more relaxing after a day at the springs. For us, the best part of this trail was when it was all over.

Was a beautiful hike. I recommend you start early in the day it gets pretty warm. You are hiking out of the mountains into the desert. There is one part that is pretty difficult and very loose sand. You will loose your footing. Remember what you go down you have to come back up. :) At some points we were on all fours climbing up with the sand slipping out from under us. You can step off to the side and use the bushes to keep from slipping but it is steep. Great ass workout.
Hot springs was beautiful and peaceful. Of course there were a lot of naked people.
It figures the ones you DON"T want to see naked were the naked ones. The ones you did want to see were in suits. There were hot springs and cold springs too so it was nice to cool off before you headed back out.

Very beautiful. The hot springs are incredible. Be prepared for a very difficult portion at the end going down. Then again climbing back out. Make sure you have boots with good tread.

Great scenery, but intense elevation ( which doesn't seem like much until after you've spent the day the Springs). Of course the Springs at the bottom of the canyon are wonderful and refreshing, but I've found it best to visit during the week or holiday to avoid the 'Creepy Crowd'.
Lastly, while I didn't see any beehives in the month of Dec. there was parts of the trail cover in snow. Which made the evening hike back a little more slippery.

I did this hike today and loved it. The hot springs were amazing! A couple things to look out for though on this hike.

1. There will be nude sunbathers at the springs so beware if that's not your thing.
2. There was a beehive about a quarter mile in from the trailhead. I didn't notice it in the morning when I left but coming back in the afternoon they were swarming around a tree trunk. I was able to move off the trail a bit and bypass it.
3. the end of the trail is very steep. Even going down was a little rough. But going up was a killer. So make sure if you are going to do this, you are in the shape to climb roughly 1400 vertical feet in what seemed like half a mile.
4. the place is pretty exposed, make sure to bring suntan lotion and lots of water.

Outside of that, this place is great! The hot springs are very relaxing and there are mean pools from really hot down to just warm and an area to swim where the water was fairly cold.

This is my new favorite hike. The hot springs at the end are amazing!

Beautiful hike! We encountered two killer bee hives. We had to go off course to get away. They will chase you for awhile! We were swarmed and got stung quite a bit. Other than the bees, the trail is incredible and the hot springs are gorgeous!

Unable to use the directions to find this trail because the 173 does not go that far anymore (coming from Hesperia). Would like to find a different way to get to trailhead, if anyone knows, please share. Thanks